Tarox discs + Tarox Strada pads VS Big Brake Kit

rmag

Reaction score
Hello mates

Well, as I said in the other post of the Team Dynamics wheels and TT-RS brake kit, i bought one of these brake kits from a TT-RS.

The thing is, i think i was ripped off... Unfortunatly there are some people that are not honest at all...

Anyway, i still have the same problem, desperatly need some new discs and pads for my S3. The ideia was that since i needed this iwould upgrade the brakes, and those TT-RS ones were with a very nice price. Anyway i am trying to get my money back.

My question is the following, i know that TT-RS brakes are probably much better, but are some Tarox discs + Tarox Strada pads also good? I cannot aford right now some Big Brake kit that is very expensive.

Already bought the Team Dynamics wheels to use with the TT-RS, that i probably won't even see.

So, what is your opinion guys and girls?

Demon Tweeks have a good offer on these discs, they offer the pads.

Thanks mates

Id concentrate on getting my money back for what you feel ripped off for.. pay by credit card ?

You could consider just uprating your pads to Ferrodo DS2500 with std Brembo discs. Works fine for me for fast road use at stage 2+. Never had any fade, the only issue is the discs get too hot and I get bad vibration after a few stops for very high speeds, but the problem goes away when they cool down. Uprate your fluid too.

What problem did you have the TTRS brakes?
I use the TTRS brakes with the bracket adapters to allow them to fit Tarox 345mm disks and Tarox Corsa pads, they have performed brilliantly on several track days and Europe road trips.
Make sure you spend decent money on hardened discs otherwise they will warp.

Id concentrate on getting my money back for what you feel ripped off for.. pay by credit card ?
Yeah that is been taking care of. Already filed a complaint in paypal, so i can get my money back. In the meanwhile i need to find another solution.
Just hoping Paypal gives me my money back.

You could consider just uprating your pads to Ferrodo DS2500 with std Brembo discs. Works fine for me for fast road use at stage 2+. Never had any fade, the only issue is the discs get too hot and I get bad vibration after a few stops for very high speeds, but the problem goes away when they cool down. Uprate your fluid too.
I am thinking about using Motul RBF 600 or the 660. It is expensive, but as far as i have been reading it is worth while.

What problem did you have the TTRS brakes?
I use the TTRS brakes with the bracket adapters to allow them to fit Tarox 345mm disks and Tarox Corsa pads, they have performed brilliantly on several track days and Europe road trips.
Make sure you spend decent money on hardened discs otherwise they will warp.

The problem i had with TT-RS brakes, was that i bought a complete set here in ASN, and i was scammed. Me and a few other people with other parts. Already trying to get my money back, but since i needed a solution and needed it quick, bought at Demon Tweeks for about £310 pounds a set of Tarox F2000 discs with Tarox Strada pads included. Seeemed like a good deal, but lets see.

So the TT-RS brake conversion will be for later since i had to buy a new brake discs and pads. I would have prefered ofcourse to upgrade to the TT-RS, but since things went wrong , let's hope that this Tarox setup is at least good for fast road driving.

I also bought a Bilstein B14 PSS coilover kit, they are with 25% discount at Demon Tweeks. i still have the OEM setup, and with 65.000 miles it is not that bad, but it is not good also.

So, let's see how much of an improvement will it be on the handling.

The discs and pads you've bought will be spot on, if you get the TTRS calipers later you can get adapters to use the Tarox discs you have if they have a lot of life in them. Shame to waste them. The TTRS OEM discs are rubbish so wouldn't bother using them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Did't knew that! Can you tell me where can I get those adapters? And the pads are probably different also right?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Thanks mate. Did't knew that! Can you tell me where can I get those adapters? And the pads are probably different also right?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

I will be selling my 345mm adapters in the near future but if you want new then Awesome GTI sell them, Vagbremtechnic manufacture them. TTRS pads are different so you will need new ones of those, you can get Tarox ones.