Vibration at ~1800rpm

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a mild, but noticeable, off-throttle vibration (felt through wheel, pedals, bum) from the drivetrain at around 1900rpm. In all gears.
Feels like _maybe_ clutch bite point so suspect DMF. Adaptation in VCDS didn't solve it. Also have a squeak on light throttle, again from front end, and happens in neutral.

Any other ideas? Things to check before I get spending?

Cheers!

Hi all,

I have a mild, but noticeable, off-throttle vibration (felt through wheel, pedals, bum) from the drivetrain at around 1900rpm. In all gears.
Feels like _maybe_ clutch bite point so suspect DMF. Adaptation in VCDS didn't solve it. Also have a squeak on light throttle, again from front end, and happens in neutral.

Any other ideas? Things to check before I get spending?

Cheers!
I have the exact same issue, with same symptoms, add on too very clunky jerky gearbox that you can feel in gears 1-3 it’s going into Audi in the next week or two so I will let you know how I get on..

If you find out anything before then, please let me know thanks

add on too very clunky jerky gearbox that you can feel in gears 1-3 it’s going into Audi in the next week or two so I will let you know how I get on..

Unfortunately that is what they do, unless you are either gentle on the throttle or launching. It is jerky mid throttle unless you are moving, you can avoid it when you get used to it. I hardly get it these days unless I forget and give it a few beans before it is moving

I am guessing you have a DAZA They dialled it down in the later DNWA cars but killed a lot of the response. The DQ500 is quite an agricultural gearbox but that is why it is pretty much bulletproof.

Unfortunately that is what they do, unless you are either gentle on the throttle or launching. It is jerky mid throttle unless you are moving, you can avoid it when you get used to it. I hardly get it these days unless I forget and give it a few beans before it is moving

I am guessing you have a DAZA They dialled it down in the later DNWA cars but killed a lot of the response. The DQ500 is quite an agricultural gearbox but that is why it is pretty much bulletproof.
It’s a 20 plate DNWA.

I’ve owned it for 2 years and it’s NEVER driven like this before. I had a lorry who shunted me reversing back into the front end of the car at 5-10mph few weeks later symptoms have popped up.

The gearbox has never been so clunky/jumpy like that prior to the incident neither have I had that noticeable vibration noise coming from the driver side of the car.

I’m thinking mech unit needs replacing/wheel bearing/engine mount though I’m not a mechanic just know from my 2 years of owning this car it’s never driven this before the shunt.

t’s a 20 plate DNWA.
I’ve owned it for 2 years and it’s NEVER driven like this before. I had a lorry who shunted me reversing back into the front end of the car at 5-10mph few weeks later symptoms have popped up.
The gearbox has never been so clunky/jumpy like that prior to the incident neither have I had that noticeable vibration noise coming from the driver side of the car.
I’m thinking mech unit needs replacing/wheel bearing/engine mount though I’m not a mechanic just know from my 2 years of owning this car it’s never driven this before the shunt.
Ah OK a DNWA should be smoother but the early cars do jerk around a bit when starting off. If you have had the car a while and it just started after a shunt then obviously something amiss.

Hope you get it sorted :icon thumright:

Reactions: Rs3Dude
So the clutch has always been a bit grabby, clunky, brute-like especially in slow traffic.

However in recent weeks the clutch engagement is particuarly gash, and if I am crawling along in 2nd the revs will randomly rise through the roof then the clutch will suddenly grab again at high revs.

I did a clutch adaptation with VCDS and that didn't resolve anything. I am thinking flywheel or clutch issue. No codes or anything though. I don't fancy leaving it until something lets go and take out gears / swarfs up the box / blasts through the casing.

DQ500 general roughness aside, something is off.