B7 general discussion/chat thread.

Trees drop leaves when they are ready, or when they need to, forget frost and because its november, no two trees are the same and will drop them when they have no further use of them, they can safely shut down until the spring.

Willows are normally bare by now but all of ours are still covered in green leaves, they will drop them soon though, oaks are allways last to drop, but as said before no two trees will be the same.

end of todays green finger slot, it's a service I provide..lol

Last edited:
Reactions: northpole and swisstony
Off on a test drive now to see what if any change there is, I'm optimistic but won't be shocked if nothing has changed.
At least its not raining yet, may even get the oil service done today now.:yahoo:

Reactions: northpole and swisstony
well let's hope it doesn't do the same... ps those wheels look perfect on the car, and the reason why i wanted them as mine are satin black... it just takes away the good looks of the design aka you can barely see the angles... I do have a plan for them come summertime though that is if by than i haven't ran into a set that is just a swap around ... and no unlike most i'm not even entertaining the idea of running 19 inch wheels... simple reason I bought the car for it's comfort and space.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
After a good hour doing the roads I use the most and which have been the most notable with regards to the adverse handling, I can now say it's a massive improvement, not 100% but not far off.

This now leaves me with a bit of a dilemma as I plan on keeping with my Oz 19" alloys. New F1's would be the most likely option.
The other fly in the ointment is the front camber adjustment or lack of it, since I have kw coil overs fitted along with the 19" alloys,front camber is an issue that I think is best addressed now, maybe look into adjustable top arms just to bring things back with spec.

In real terms the ride comfort is no different with these 18" alloys on with 40 profile, it feels the same, but it now drives in a straight line without the constant need to compensate for every ripple in the road.

As I'd been running 19" with 235/35 for the last 4 years or so , with F1's, there is no real reason to suggest it's a negative upgrade, but clearly, it is very much tire dependent.

Reactions: northpole
I could allways sell the 19" oz alloys and get the same version in an 18" and use the f1's i have on the s-line wheels, but that kinda goes against what I set out to do .
And i'd end up taking a massive hit cost wise on the 19's , which is not an option.

My suggestion is get the oz racing 19 refurbished and whack on your tyre of choice , anything but Contis. Have those as your summer ones and keep the 18 you have on now as winter ones ( as long as you feel the current tyres are up to scratch in terms of traction)

Reactions: northpole and Charlie Farley
I agree with @swisstony and if you don't do want to do that... well I'll gladly come around to relieve you of those 18inch wheels mate... simple as that ;)

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Considering some great condition leather power seats from what I think will have been an se,seller just says a4
They are very cheap nearly mint as are the door cards
Asked him to send a pic of wiring just to check compatibility and his has a black connector block ,driver side has a ground wire and a red and green
Passenger has yellow/green blue/green and brown
I have no such connection under seat
Guess these are seat belt sensors??
Is there a work around
Appreciate your help and input
ae6a47afc896de99e2ff1dd8932aaf4c.jpg

625e3e0bcf206a67f505879e2e7792a5.jpg

f18a9d1e57ba96eff81899e7c4a60ace.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they look nice cond.

depending on what seats are fitted from the factory you may not have all option plugs fitted or populated.

The black socket is the pressure control module connection.
The green socket is for heated seats
The red socket is for powering the seat (reclining, lumbar, etc)
The yellow socket is for the seat’s airbag.

It’s the black socket I’m missing
I’ve asked the seller and he’s traced the wires in the black plug back to the seat belt connector

I’ve checked under my passenger seat but not under the drivers seat ,I’m wondering if I’ll have the black socket under the drivers side where I have a wired seat belt buckle

If so I guess it’s a case of wiring from the driver side socket over to the passenger side

Its been a while since I looked into this so my memory is a bit slack today,if i recall last time round its only the passenger side that need the occupancy function, the drivers side doesnt have it, dont hold me to that but i'm sure thats the case with the B7.
Id go out and check mine but im stuck in doors at the moment.

Reactions: northpole and Jamsmoo
I’ve been preemptively check my passenger seat and peeled back the leather and can’t find any sort of sensor pad of any sort ,it is heated

Only 1 occupancy pad per car, passenger side.
(8)

Which now i recall makes sense as when i did my drivers side Recaro seat base foam replacement there wasnt one fitted only the heating element.

Just had a look under my drivers seat and I’ve got the black socket with an exact match of wires across all connectors
Just what to do with the passenger side compatibility,really fancy these seats
The mrs will appreciate the power option has she has ongoing kidney issues so she struggles in such a low car
Also I have the smooth unembossed sline seats with platinum and grey 2 tone and the platinum centres haven’t held up well and are starting to look a bit grubby despite my best efforts

If they are B7 seats he has then there won't be an issue as B7 to B7 the seat occupancy is not relavant as they are both wired the same for that function., it was the B6 to B7 seat millarchy that is a pain.

If they are B7 full electric and yours are only elec lumbar then you need to uprate the fuse that covers the existing lumbar circuit, ideally one would uprate the loom but unless you are using all the functions at once its is ok.
I've not had any probs at all and we are allways messing around with seat positions.

Yes ,I’ve had a look and I have a 10amp in there at the minute ,is that to cover heat and lumbar ,would a 15 cover it
My passenger seat is now in 2 halves with no covering and I can’t find a sensor pad anywhere only the heating element mat ..weird

thats correct 10 amp and it will blow allmost straight away when you start multpile movements, up it to 15amp and see, I think mines 20amp but will look and check for you.

Do forget the seat ocupancy is linked to the seat belt clasp , I assume they are srs airbag seats.

my old drivers side , heating element only.
IMG 1745 1

Reactions: tr7 and northpole
all four plugs , yours should be the same.

Reactions: tr7 and northpole
thats correct 10 amp and it will blow allmost straight away when you start multpile movements, up it to 15amp and see, I think mines 20amp but will look and check for you.

Do forget the seat ocupancy is linked to the seat belt clasp , I assume they are srs airbag seats.

5f9eccc2854d81063d4a5b699e25f29c.jpg

Drivers ..obviously

very nice, look allmost new. :yahoo:

very possibly.

To be honest, i'd just get them and fit them and see what occurs to be honest.

The door cards are just as good ,walnut trim though,some might like it but it’s not for me

Reactions: Dan_G, northpole and Charlie Farley
top trims are an easy swap, as long as theleather trim itself is unmarked.

those seats are SE black soul seats... I saw them myself for sale looked at them in every position possible from the pictures posted... they were posted as s-line seats they aren't though... S-line seats have the bigger bolsters on top and the head rest kinda sinks into the bolsters shoulders. But other than that nice leather seats regardless.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
those seats are SE black soul seats... I saw them myself for sale looked at them in every position possible from the pictures posted... they were posted as s-line seats they aren't though... S-line seats have the bigger bolsters on top and the head rest kinda sinks into the bolsters shoulders. But other than that nice leather seats regardless.

Yes ,I went over the pictures a few times myself and didn’t really go any further ,on another look and read the description I realised he was selling the whole interior front and rear and cards,he’d only took pics of the front seats ,a few more pics back and forth ,he was only 50mins away ,for 200 they had to be worth a trip
I’ve foresaken the bolsters in my old seats for far better condition seats with power ,I’m more than happy with them

nice one hope you knocked the price down a bit because they aren't S-line seats... and if you didn't it was a complete interior so not bad at all ;)

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I suppose I could of pretended ,but if I was in his position I’d of said if u know they aren’t s line seats now surely u knew from the pics ..200 is a bargain ,I wasn’t even gonna try

Reckon I could make a decent chunk back selling the cards in time ,if I don’t I have spares ,switches ,looms win win I reckon

Reactions: Charlie Farley and northpole
They are an excellent find and buy for one important reason, they are full heated and full electric, something most s-line are not, electric lumbar and heating is pretty well the norm with s-line seats unless they were specially ordered with full electric movement in all axis.

You have done well.

Reactions: Jamsmoo and northpole
Now if they were memory too :yahoo:

Reactions: Jamsmoo and northpole