Shaking and misfiring on first ignition

doktora_76

Reaction score
Hello colleagues,
Today, when I started the car, the following happened: I hadn't started it for 1 week, it started once without a problem, and while it was still in idle, it shook and the revs started playing! All this for about 5 seconds and it was fine. No problems after that. I hooked it up immediately with VCDS but there were no errors. The car is an A4 B8 2.0 TDI 143 hp, it's the first time it's done this to me. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Thanks in advance.

If the problem is the glow plugs it should log a scan error!?

Here are the nozzle values:
f285958d32ff7dcc08dec912b7180f0b.jpg

d5f84ddd570d0f62b7a22d793188b7d7.jpg

4d47d739fb62a28cf7bc3aa26bd094b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check glowplugs are ok, colder times & old plugs doesn't help starting on dervs.

Check glowplugs are ok, colder times & old plugs doesn't help starting on dervs.

Thanks but if there is a problem with the glow plugs shouldn't it log an error when scanning with VCDS? I ran diagnostics but there were no recorded errors!

No, only if they're 100% non working, but they may still show as connected ok but just not heating well.

No, only if they're 100% non working, but they may still show as connected ok but just not heating well.

Thank you very much for the information! There is logic in this, because the problem does not do it constantly, but in 1 month only twice when giving contact and ignition after that! I've had the car since 2018, I bought it from Germany and I haven't changed the glow plugs until now.

Thank you very much for the information! There is logic in this, because the problem does not do it constantly, but in 1 month only twice when giving contact and ignition after that! I've had the car since 2018, I bought it from Germany and I haven't changed the glow plugs until now.
Not unusual to have original glow plugs in a 2018 car. If temperatures low, you could try giving glow plug two bursts before ignition. If you swap out glow-plugs get car to operating temperature and spray Plus Gas on plugs 2-3 days before removing them. I'd only use a 1/4" ratchet to remove too, no power-tools. If it breaks you are in a world of pain.

Not unusual to have original glow plugs in a 2018 car. If temperatures low, you could try giving glow plug two bursts before ignition. If you swap out glow-plugs get car to operating temperature and spray Plus Gas on plugs 2-3 days before removing them. I'd only use a 1/4" ratchet to remove too, no power-tools. If it breaks you are in a world of pain.

I found that's when the problem occurs! That is, when I put the ignition on without starting the car and then when I start it starts to grind and change the revs for about 5 seconds and then everything is fine! The first time he did it to me was the beginning of December and then the beginning of January. In this interval, I traveled about 2000 km without any problem.