IHI JH5 Turbo muffler delete

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Hello, ive jumped over here from the B7 section as i need to know which muffler deletes (K03/K04) fit the turbo mentioned as per title as im fitting one of these turbo’s to my B7 DTM.

Any help appreciated

A muffler delete has f-all to do with the turbo... it's the part of the exhaust under the car... aka the boxes that you can see when you look under it, not to be confused with the cat or dpf filters (which look like mufflers).. what you are looking for is the downpipe to mate up with the exhaust system... best practise is to get a better flowing one usually in a bigger diameter than the oem pipe on your B7. I suggest you talk to a tuner(remapper) about what would be the right size as they can tell you what works from daily experience. And what would be a problem or not (think MOT's etc)

A muffler delete has f-all to do with the turbo... it's the part of the exhaust under the car... aka the boxes that you can see when you look under it, not to be confused with the cat or dpf filters (which look like mufflers).. what you are looking for is the downpipe to mate up with the exhaust system... best practise is to get a better flowing one usually in a bigger diameter than the oem pipe on your B7. I suggest you talk to a tuner(remapper) about what would be the right size as they can tell you what works from daily experience. And what would be a problem or not (think MOT's etc)
Obviously you don’t know what i was getting at here, As the IHI turbo has a muffler/silencer on the compressor housing outlet as pictured secured by 3 bolts. (B7 turbos are borgwarner and this part is machined within the housing and isn’t removable)

IMG 7349

I already have a 3” RM motorsport decat with non resonated milltek exhaust system (2.75” downpipe to 2.25”) and MOT’s are the least of my worries

oww your on about that big thing in the back? this here is the solution and the cheapest i know about. I know them as flow enhancers.