A3 Fixed cost service plan. Worth it?

mcc49

Stalled
Reaction score
Getting the A3 in a couple of months and stumbled across this

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/owners_area/a3_service_plan.html

3 years worth of servicing for £250? Is this a good deal?

I am abit confused with servicing with Audi atm, flicking through the brochure theres fixed servicing intervals and variable service intervals. Which one would this service plan cover?

Either way, its gonna cover 3 years or 36,000 miles which ever comes first, can you see services costing £125 each? My cousin's first service on his Clio 197 from Bristol renault was £235....so no chance A3 being £125! I'm going for it, gonna see if my salesman can get any discount! Ha Ha

What's better:

a) AVS/Long Life servicing intervals.
b) Fixed servicing intervals (shorter?).

That was exactly my thought, but I am guessing it will only cover the oil change and brake fluid and any other parts will be extra. Still sounds like a great deal though, will this service plan cover 3 actual services (1 each year)? Or do they have some funny service intervals like 1 for the first year and the 2nd one wont due to the 3rd year etc?

you may save a few quid but I doubt consuables are covered

personally I'm going to use an independent for my servicing as it'll be cheaper and it doesn't affect the warranty whatsoever

If you read the blurb, its based on "variable" servicing, so you may get one or two services out of it, depending on how you drive.

My second service has only just come due with the car 3 yrs 6 months old (at 33,500 miles), so I wouldn't have got that under the deal - BUT the £250 charge is approx the cost of the first service anyway, so you haven't really got much to lose.

Go for the deal - at worst, its not going to save you anything, at best you'll save yourself around £300.....

Its for 3 years or 36,000 whichever comes first, so you WOULD have got it!!! YOU NUMPTY :box:

I must be missing an in joke or being particularly slow today!

Second service becomes due at 3 years 6 months.
Mileage is £33k

Second post says
'its gonna cover 3 years or 36,000 miles which ever comes first.'
Hasn't 3 years come before the 2nd service? :sos: