another problem, sorry to annoy everyone!!

mrpies

Reaction score
Ok so, ive finally got my central locking sorted, my new motor should be here on thursday.

Now i have noticed a couple of strange things with the car, firstly, the climate contraol doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to be, the windows inside keep misting up and it seems to be struggling to keep them clear?

Another very strange thing, now please bear with me as i try to explain this as best i can, when first going in the car in the morning, driving along if i turn sharply left or right i can hear a strange noise coming from the area behind the dash, more the passenger side to be honest. Now the noise sounds like sand being poured, yes you read that right sand being poured!

Before i commit myself to a mental asylum :nyah:, can anyone shed any light as to whats going on?

As usual thank you in advance for your help/thoughts!

if you join the two together you come to a nice solution...

There are two drain holes in the scuttle panel. Over time they get blocked up with *****, and the water cant drain out, it fills up the scuttle area, leaks into the car via various grommets causing your steamy window, and i would imagine, that if its full enough, might give you a sloshy water noise when turning sharply?

Take a look in the gap between the battery and servo to see if theres a pool of water in there. If so you need to remove the battery and clean (ie poke) the gunk out of the drain holes. Theres one directly below the battery, and the other over behind the servo.

thanks aragorn, i have just noticed the drivers footwell is soaking wet and the passenger airbag turned off warning light has just come on, i take it something has now electrically failed because of the water?

Also will removing the battery cause the alarm to go off or anything else untoward to happen?

if its the airbag light on the dashboard it means theres a fault with the airbag system, not that the passenger airbag is disabled. If you have seat airbags it could be the connectors for them, thats the most common culprit for that light.

If its as wet as you say it is, your really going to have to remove the seats, lift the carpet and properly dry it out. Theres about 2-3" of foam sound deadening under the carpet, and if its got enough water in it that you can feel it from the top, theres a LOT of water trapped down there. You might get away with using a wet vax to suck as much of the water out as you can, then leaving a fan heater in the car for a good few hours or even overnight to properly dry it out.

Battery removal wont affect your alarm, but it will possibly mean you;ll need to enter the radio code, if your head unit is original.

Aragorn you are a legend, if your ever in birmingham please stop by i owe you a drink!!!

Both drain holes were completely blocked, one quick question, the filter that sits over the heater intake (pollon??), Is that a main stealer job or can i get one from a normal car spares shop?
The one on it at the moment is soaking wet!!!

motorfactors should sell them, thats where i get mine from.

There should be a little black drip tray thing that stops the water getting onto the filter? Check the drain hole in that isnt blocked and that the tray is fitted properly too, as if its blocked it will overflow onto the filter.

cheers mate, when i first got to it, it wasn't seated properly, it is now, i'll get a filter later, it is a pollon filter then i presume?