Email to XS Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard mate, it was being sent back for re manufacture.... I guess it takes as long as it takes....

I will keep you updated, promise.

I got my down pipe and cat from XS Power on US Ebay

After a lot of heated emails to them i managed to get a full refund + more for my down pipe and cat and the parts are still on the car!!

think im gonna bite the bullit and get the pipe werx one - i cant even get on xs powers website at the moment??

does anyone know if the pipe werx one is a straight fit...no modifications?

longlife in northampton said they will fit a downpipe decat for £170 supplied and fitted. i would go for them instead. Thats 3" aswell.

hmmm really? well i wouldnt want to drive tht far to get it fitted, i'll just do it myself, do you know if they will just supply?

will get in contact with them - are they custom made exhaust?? do they mandrel bend the pipes??

anyone else used them? i was literally now abbout to buy the pipe werx one but will hold fire till i find out more

hmmm really? well i wouldnt want to drive tht far to get it fitted, i'll just do it myself, do you know if they will just supply?

will get in contact with them - are they custom made exhaust?? do they mandrel bend the pipes??

anyone else used them? i was literally now abbout to buy the pipe werx one but will hold fire till i find out more

there are longlife branches all over the country mate so i would go on their site and try find one near you. Give em a call then ask. They are a custom exhaust place but i believe they buy these in instead. So you may be able to get them to supply it for u if u wanted to have a crack urself

there are longlife branches all over the country mate so i would go on their site and try find one near you. Give em a call then ask. They are a custom exhaust place but i believe they buy these in instead. So you may be able to get them to supply it for u if u wanted to have a crack urself

Longlife wouldn't supply it for you, it's a custom build to fit the car only.

I considered using longlife myself, but went with the Pipewerx in the end.

I've had umpteen exhausts from Longlife, and they have all been spot on. Make sure they use a mandrel bend, and take a photo of an off the shelf downpipe to show them what you want.

well the bloke i spoke to welly said they can get a me a downpipe decat if i wanted and was saying that they used to be about 150 fitted but the supplier as put the prices up so will be about 170 ish now. maybe its just that branch in particular.(northampton)

well the bloke i spoke to welly said they can get a me a downpipe decat if i wanted and was saying that they used to be about 150 fitted but the supplier as put the prices up so will be about 170 ish now. maybe its just that branch in particular.(northampton)

Hold on a sec dude, are we talking about a downpipe for your A3 here?

yeah i used to work for a tuning place that do the longlife exhausts - they dont mandrel bend though, so im not to sure i want to go for that option

it aint an easy fit at all for me....
someone else must have to confirm this since i didnt try it, but im pretty sure its no an easy job

it aint an easy fit at all for me....
someone else must have to confirm this since i didnt try it, but im pretty sure its no an easy job

Ummmm, no It isn't an easy job at all.

In fact, its a MASSIVE pain in the ***.

Two options IMO. 1. Remove the subframe 2. Remove the propshaft.

One of these two will have to come off to allow you to remove the downpipe.

Aftermarket one goes on with no problems, as it does't have the twin pipes.

EDIT: The third option is to cut the thing in half, that way you don't have to remove anything.

UPDATE:

XS Power are sending me a sample of the revised downpipe....

When I receive it, I'll get some photos up.

Got the shipping consignment number today :)

oo exciting stuff and yeh welly that post was in regards to the a3 or mine was at least lol

oo exciting stuff and yeh welly that post was in regards to the a3 or mine was at least lol

In which case mate, fitting a downpipe to a 1.8T is a piece of cake by comparison. Don't get one from Longlife, get on of the ones from Belgium and sling it on yourself!

I had one, and it was a BARGAIN for the ~£100 delivered.

In which case mate, fitting a downpipe to a 1.8T is a piece of cake by comparison. Don't get one from Longlife, get on of the ones from Belgium and sling it on yourself!

I had one, and it was a BARGAIN for the ~£100 delivered.

yeh i found the post from when we spoke about it before. ill get my cat back with em then get one of those in the new year :D cheers

p.s wheres the homer quote man?

i was thinking of cutting it in half...need to think about mot time though :( need a friendly mot'er :)

if its a bitch to fit everytime i will deffo need to find a good mot'er as i dont fancy changing it everytime....lol i'll cut the ****** in half

ooh excited about the xs power one...i'll hope fire from the pipe werxs one for a bit then :)

The XS power cats will not pass a UK MOT test

Mine didn't and i had to have it cut out and a 200 cell cat fitted in its place

I also have a spare XS down pipe thats been modified that i'm getting rid of

Yes it has, and I am very impressed with the work they've done. One slight issue with the location of the lambda boss, however they are now aware of this and will resolve.

Not quite yet, but they are VERY close indeed.

The actual item fitted spot on.

good good, i will hold fire on the pipe werx one then :)

i am getting the ones listed on ebay by relentless performance. the manifold and the downpipe.
i am currently chattin with them on shipping and other stuff, but didnt mention that the product has been revised or so.
so ill wait and see what i will get.
i wont have time to directly fit it but i will let you know guys how it went and try to take some pictures.
I will have to find a place for my wideband sensor too!

im gonna have to wait for this one, as the deal i could have had on the pipewerx one is no more, they want silly money now :(

heres hoping xs power can get this one sorted in the near future :)

im getting a custom 3" down pipe decat this week for 200 off zorstek will i need new gasket and heat rap

as its been custom made im a bit worried about the bend at the top funds are low so thats why imdoing for this one
any ohers i could go for tar

gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.