Email to XS Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't mandrel tube bender at zorstek so the exhaust manifold won't have as good bends as the XS Power manifold

The down pipe may be ok?

ryt i need to have word with him then before he does any work on my car cheers down pipe no good then with out that bend

Don't need a mandrel bender to get good bends ;P

ceramic-mani-golf2-1.jpg

<tuffty/>

cheers mate so the down pipe will still be ok to have done thursday or save for pipe werz

I so don't have the money for this... But... We'll see!

I'm assuming this XS DP is destined for decat only? I don't have a "friendly" MOT tester near me so I will have to retain a cat of some description. Any ideas if XS will have a Cat for this otherwise a suggestion on what else to look at?

I so don't have the money for this... But... We'll see!

I'm assuming this XS DP is destined for decat only? I don't have a "friendly" MOT tester near me so I will have to retain a cat of some description. Any ideas if XS will have a Cat for this otherwise a suggestion on what else to look at?

They do one with a 120 cell cat as well.

Updates to come soon, I promise.... Things are finally happening. :thumbsup:

Welly, what are the gains like for the DP, I was reading a thread on tyresmoke and the guy on there said adding the DP made difference at all, he said he could back this up with several RR results. He reckons the manifold is the bottle neck and that you need to do both. I'm interested in one but would like to see some proven results if we can.

Welly, what are the gains like for the DP, I was reading a thread on tyresmoke and the guy on there said adding the DP made difference at all, he said he could back this up with several RR results. He reckons the manifold is the bottle neck and that you need to do both. I'm interested in one but would like to see some proven results if we can.

A link would be useful...

Changing the downpipe isn't simply to do with adding additional power. It's about allowing the engine to breath better. The addition of the downpipe makes the engines run cooler, and the turbo will spool up faster.

Don't expect to bolt it on and get 20 BHP, because that's just not how it works.

Mods like the FMIC & downpipe don't just give you bolt on power. That's not what they are about. It's about making the power you do have available for longer.

Manifold is a good mod, yes. I would be reasonably confident that you could get discount on the XS Manifold if purchased at the same time.

Last edited:
A link would be useful...

Changing the downpipe isn't simply to do with adding additional power. It's about allowing the engine to breath better. The addition of the downpipe makes the engines run cooler, and the turbo will spool up faster.

Don't expect to bolt it on and get 20 BHP, because that's just not how it works.

Mods like the FMIC & downpipe don't just give you bolt on power. That's not what they are about. It's about making the power you do have available for longer.

Manifold is a good mod, yes. I would be reasonably confident that you could get discount on the XS Manifold if purchased at the same time.

I'll see if I can find it again.

I know what your saying about FMIC's etc, the FM just makes things safer/reliable when running higher boost/more mods and also allows you to run more boost which in turn creates more power.

I know DP's etc work better once mapped but I could I run it for while with the (unknown) map I have. I want to fit some kind of front mount and build a TIP before getting it mapped.

Has there been any news on the manifold Welly as i finally got a reply from JBS and they still dont know when theres will be ready

Still dont know if to get one.

Last edited:
I received an email from relentless performance (xs-power in the USA) saying the aprox date is in 15 days, and the prices will go up a bit.

I think this should be the same thing for you in the UK since its the same product

How much did it used tobe? I want to buy both the DP and mani at same time.

Before 420$ shipped (400 for the decat version)
Now 500$ shipped.

Those are the prices over here...i think welly have an idea about the prices in UK

Just had confirmation that the sports cats have now been uprated from 120 cell (emissions fail) to 230 cell ceramic EU standard which I am assured will pass a UK Emissions test.

This, I am sure, will please many of you.... :thumbsup:

Totally agree Davea3. It has been nearly a year now since this first started. Welly I know it is not your day job getting this organised for everyone, but as stated before I am an impatient mo fo. I want to get a mani and d.p as soon as possible and from what you have said these seem to be pretty well made and should'nt cost a fortune like some other makes. So any news would be great.
Thanks.
Dave.

Totally agree Davea3. It has been nearly a year now since this first started. Welly I know it is not your day job getting this organised for everyone, but as stated before I am an impatient mo fo. I want to get a mani and d.p as soon as possible and from what you have said these seem to be pretty well made and should'nt cost a fortune like some other makes. So any news would be great.
Thanks.
Dave.

Dave, I know for a fact that the prototype that Welly sorted and sent back to XS for modding is now on a car and working very well. Welly has been in contact with XS and he is just waiting for them to give him a price per DP for this group buy.

I'm sure Welly will chase them up AGAIN once he see's this thread.

When I saw him on Friday he said that they are becoming a PITA by not contacting him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.