delivery problems AAAARRGGGHHH

tomtoms3

seasoned pro
Reaction score
I ring up to order some eibach springs on monday morning, paid, all sorted, delivery in 24 hours. great!!!

...wednesday morning i get a call saying one of the rear springs has somehow snapped in the box!!!, and eibach uk wont be able to get me a set untill next week. so i fork out a little more and go for the h&r, being told i WILL 100% recieve them by thursday morning.

..so i strip the car as i'm off on holiday friday (just up north), ready to fit the new springs thusrday afternoon.

its now 4pm on thursday afternoon and still no sign, and to top it all off Dpm are now on holiday, the car is on axle stands and the wife isnt happy.

Not impressed.:shrug:

TBH, It's hardly Danians fault,he is not even in the country. I expect they are being drop shipped direct from H&R using thier carrier, and they may use one of the ones operates until 8PM

Sorry to hear that mate but I've never heard a bad word against DPM so I'm sure there is another explanation. Also you should really take this up with him directly instead of airing it on a public forum.

Sorry to hear that mate but I've never heard a bad word against DPM so I'm sure there is another explanation. Also you should really take this up with him directly instead of airing it on a public forum.

Agreed, my past experience of DPM and Damien in general has been nothing short of exemplary.

I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

yes fair enough, i did stress to him that i really needed them for early today.. i said to not bother going ahead with it unless it was 100%. dont know if i could have done anything more!!!

Dpm are very good at what they do as i've also never seen/read anything bad about them.

A lot of suppliers ship direct rather than have dealers buy stock for the shelves.... Just means that dealers are in the hands of the suppliers which pretty much most of the time works fine....

Never had an issue with DPM and Damian, just unlucky I reckon mate... doesn't help you much sadly I know but I would imagine its the supplier at fault rather than the dealer...

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
To be fair it does just sound like bad luck :( The Eibach springs will be just very unlucky!! As for the H&Rs sometimes the couriers just mess up - annoying I have seen this many of times and it is usually the customer that needs them urgently as well :(

I feel bad for saying this but if it might help you out of a pickle - depending where you are in the 'North' I have some some H&R Springs here?!

AwesomeMike

Yes im sure your right, i tried to get hold of the main distributors of h&r in the uk but apparently they're shipped direct from germany! its just so frustrating not being able to follow it up or having anyone to contact which i'm sure you can appreciate.

i did try awesome but they said it would be 2 days delivery.. i live just north of oxford.

Yea it usually is from here, I was just thinking if you were fairly local to pop in for them :(

We have missed the cut off for tomorrow as well :( Sorry mate. Well if you can sort anything then we have got 3 sets here so the option is there for you.

AwesomeMike

Thanks, very much appreciated but i think i'm going to get on and refit the old ones.. whats the betting they'll turn up as i've just finished... !

No problem!

It would be just about typical! :( Usually is - most couriers will ship up to 5:30pm so I guess it might be worth while just waiting that little bit longer?

AwesomeMike

i'll take advice if its good advice, i think this prolly is. I'm waiting...

lol I used to have the same with people ripping out their kitchen/bathrooms and booking tradesmen before the stuff arrived....bad move.

never turned up.. time to refit in the rain, and soon to be dark. gutted.