Fitting in a DV720 DVD Player

jav786

Reaction score
right guys quick and easy question 4 most of you geniuses :)

ive jus brought a ripspeed dv720 dvd player off halfords (£100) with 1 year warrenty and free store fitting? (BARGAIN).

I no some people say they are cheap and nasty but ive seen my mates in his car and for £100 u cannot moan honestly..

right back to the thread....

Does anyone no what parts I will need to fit this into the car...

Obv a fascia?
what abt a ISO harness adapter?
Aerial Adapter?

popped into halfords this morning they go a fascia and a adapter? im just making sure.

Also can anyone tell me exactly how hard these are to fit?

thanks in advance.

Javed :rock:

55 reg audi a3 tdi sport.. No bose system.

should be sweet to go with the fascia (including cage if double din) and an iso adaptor

What abt the ariel adapter, the guy from halfords said didn't need 1 though.

you shouldnt need one the new ariel system came in with quadlock units, yours isnt

yeah i thought he meant a fitting adapter they require power to the ariel line however its a simple fix

it looks like but if its not get the right one from halfords and fit it then put that one in the box and take it back.

halfords charge a bomb 4 these adapters hence why i m buying from ebay..
but cheerz anyway im preety sure its the right thing. :)

hey guys bit of a problem

recieved my iso connecter and fascia today so set about installing my new dvd player, when i went to halfords in the morning they released the stereo for me i showed him the adapter (ISO) he goes you dont need that its just a straight fit, now ive connected the power wire and brown into the lead supplied with the head unit and plugged it in.
however no powerr at all... i realise with these you have to attach a pink wire to the handbrake switch?
but surely it should still power up without that right?

p.s. does anyone know where that switch is in a audi a3 55 plate.

many thanks in advance.

Javz

checked all fuses and nothing. tried resetting. NO POWER :(

i no i mentioned free fitting however they been fully booked last week and this week there saying tomoorow and wednesday at 3pm and im at uni both those days so I cant make those times.

hence why im trying to fit myself.

have you tried powering the handbrake wire, and noone can speculate since we cant seee the unit wireing etc and have no expreience with it, should have heeded our warning and gone rns-e

if u want it working jus earth the pink wire it wil stay on constanly unless u put it to the handbrake switch but at least it will work !!