DVD Player / SD slots

S3 BUH

Reaction score
This is probably me being thick but i can't get dvd's to play in my RNS-E i have a 2010 S3 with RNS-E the sat nav DVD works but when i put a DVD in and go to media it does not register it at all , can the DVD or movie be put on a SD card and played that way as i have a few movies stored on my computer.

The DVD slot in RNSE head unit is for the DVD based Nav disk only.

You need a seperate DVD player to be installed and linked to your head unit.
Its common to have them fitted in the glovebox.

Paul

no, to watch any video source you need an interface to create an composite input, even for a reverse camera.... it isnt an option to play dvds/ films on the dvd drive as it is for reading the maps only , however it does play cd's. again with the sd cards, audio only .

sorry to hi jack, will someone please clarify the highest GB sd card i can have in a 2008 rnse (non chrome button) ??? pleeeeeaseeeeee?

right ok wasn't be being stupid then , could anyone recomend a dvd player that would fit in the glove box and also what wiring and work would be involved ?

sorry to hi jack, will someone please clarify the highest GB sd card i can have in a 2008 rnse (non chrome button) ??? pleeeeeaseeeeee?

4gb non sd hc

if youre after lots of music, why not go for a phatnoise?

just looking to sort it out cheap and cheerful... just totally fed up of i pod connection... (ipod flat everytime i get in car!!)

could you clarify.... what do you mean by (non sd hc) i know it means sd high capacity but are you sayin i need to avoid a HC? and get just a 4gb sd?

sorry im an absolute fool with things like this!

ive been searching the web and have found hazzy dayz they seem to kno what there doing but theres no way i would pay £950 for a dvd player and tv tuner , has anyone made these modifications themselves , if so what parts did you use and how difficult was it ? pictures of the finished fit would be excellent aswell.

cheers for the link khalil nice tidy job aswell anyone else had any experience with fitting a dvd player / tv tuner ?

its not a big deal mate glovebox down headunit out and lower steering trim down, power it from the rear wiper plug it into the multimedia adapter (youll need to buy this) and youre set

just looking to sort it out cheap and cheerful... just totally fed up of i pod connection... (ipod flat everytime i get in car!!)

could you clarify.... what do you mean by (non sd hc) i know it means sd high capacity but are you sayin i need to avoid a HC? and get just a 4gb sd?

sorry im an absolute fool with things like this!

Cards must be SD not SDHC.
4gb SD cards are like hens teeth at the minute, dont know why.
I bought 2 last year from Amazon, havent been able to find them again since.

I found Mymemory.co.uk the cheapest and bought 3 x 2gb SD cards.

These are are cheaper again....less than £5 each.
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SD-Cards/Kingston/Kingston-2GB-SD-Cards---Five-Pack

good luck
Paul

had a good look into this now and the work hazzy dayz do is highly recommended and comes with a warranty so il look at getting it done when money permits , has anyone had the dvd glove box instilation my hazzy dayz as i would like to see what sort on finish it is.

thats settled it then will deffienatly have the work done asap as all i am hearing is good things , do you have any pic's of the install brett?

thats settled it then will deffienatly have the work done asap as all i am hearing is good things , do you have any pic's of the install brett?

seriously do it yourself, its so so easy to do,the dvd player and multi media will cost around £150 - 180 ish, look how much money you will save, think hazzydays charge around £450, you will save around £300, we all here to help you with the wiring which is very easy only few wires to connect

it dont matter if it shows "media" or CD/TV, cause how you select the dvd player is a little different,when you press the cd/tv or in your case media button, when you pressed that button you than press the source button, and a list comes down, showing CD CHANGER / TV / MP3 / AUX, you select the tv and the dvd is on, (obviously the dvd plyer must be switch on before hand)

the link you gave it shows that you can control the dvd player using the rnse, the one i have you have to use the remote

cheers khalil would you say this would work a kit i found on ebay , my RNS-E has a media button where this kit shows it with a CD/TV button is this the same thing ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SET-MULTIMEDI...m&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4cec9a08ee

my cars a 2010 S3 i have a RNS-E with bluetooth ,

it doesnt make any difference however, if you dont have or want the ami for the ipod im sure there are many others that would do a swap + cash and recode to get the newer unit instead of the old

just to clarify so the above kit is just a straight foward install everything i will need to be able to play dvds ?

were would you suggest i take a supply from as i dont want a flat battery all the time ?

yeah it is mate except obv it doesnt seem to include the faceplate for the glovebox for mounting it, or is your glovebox mounting slot empty atm? (ie no cd changer)

the wiring take it from the rear wiper, ill dig out a pic if you cant find the fuse number in your manual, its an ignition feed so it wont drain the battery and will only run when the car is running

right ok the glovebox mounting slot is empty i don't have a cd changer il have a look in the manual then

any ideas on how to get tv with a system like this i know it can be done as a friend has it in his golf but he just payed someone to do it

LISTEN TO ALL OF THE GUYS ABOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a dvd in the glove box and a ps3 in the boot, wasnt fussed about the tv tuner. DONT !!!!!!!!!! go to hazzy dayz, hes a total ***** who robs you blind, easy job to do yourself, hes getting known now for charging for stuff he hasnt actually fitted !!!!
which ever kit you buy, the instalation is the same, id advise getting the vim hack done to !!!

cheers for the advise 1wheelonly , i will definatly do all the instillation work myself
tv tuner isn't a necessity would just be nice to have all come down to the price of it, what is a "vim Hack" ?

right ok the glovebox mounting slot is empty i don't have a cd changer il have a look in the manual then

any ideas on how to get tv with a system like this i know it can be done as a friend has it in his golf but he just payed someone to do it
its VERY easy to add a digital tv to the dvd, or the other way round if you have the dvd fitted than adding the digital tv,
all you do is power up the digital tv and connect the RCA (yellow, white, red) to the input of the dvd player,
most dvd players do have 1 or more inputs for additional sources, the one i have has 2,

as for the digiatl tv i did install it, but i think they was a fault with the unit cause there was very bad signal or maybe it was my area (poor reception) so i returned it and got a refund

ok the tv tuner / freeview kit i am looking at says it does video in motion which i take is the passanger being able to watch tv whilst driving along but the dvd system has no reference so if i connected the tv turner first then the dvd to it would the passenger be able to watch a dvd whilst driving aswell ?

theres are the two kits if it helps

TV System
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-new-TV-...S_Accessories_Software_ET&hash=item2304f30b97

DVD System
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SET-MULTIMEDI...m&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4cec9a08ee

thats the same digital tv i had, it has the multi media with it, so in the dvd link you gave you dont need to buy that one cause that also has the multi media adaptor, you only need one adaptor, so the dvd should only set you back £80ish

excellent anyway to save a bit of money :sm4: what is vagcom ? sorry about all the question im new to all this

is cool mate,
vagcom is a software that allows you to connect a laptop to the car and adjust setting,
once you done the installation you can get someone near you to do the setting for VIM, that is you want the video in motion,
why dont you go for the dvd player i got, its excellent

o right i have done a bit of plc and hmi programming in the past i don't think vagcom will be to difficult then
what dvd player did you use?
when you sent your tv tuner back did you get a new one or just a refund?

have you seen the photos in the link i posted?, its a VEBA one,http://www.veba.uk.com/products/info/AV2705.html the tv tuner i just got a refund cause at first i thought it would be cool and at was but every time i drove up the road and if the signal was poor it used to get cutted off, if i had a choice again i WOULDNT get the tv tuner, but thats just my thought

yer i did read it not sure if i want to go the remote control route on control it through the satnav
have heard it all depends on where you mount the anttenas to how good the signal is probably more hassle than it's worth
what materials did you use for the surround on yours made a really nice job of it :thumbsup:

khalil is it possible to plug in a portable hard drive though the usb slot on the veba AV2705 ?

yep it is, not tried it myself, but have downloaded some video clips on a usb and it worked, so dont see why the harddrive wont work,

if you dont want to go trough the remote control route than you will need some more adaptors, not looked into it too much but its alot more cost, but saying that the link you gave with the dvd plyer before, shows that it works using the rnse? not too sure so cant really say, using the goolge translation it does control some of the dvd players, not sure if it controls the one his selling, best to ask the seller,if it does control than its a bargin i think, cause you get the multi media adaptor and a dvd player

oh and for the surround its some ply wood, and my girls scraf lol, few months back she was looking for it and was asking if i seen it, little does she know its been donered for the surround lol