Wipers on go slow...

j033y

Reaction score
So to add to my problems my car has had today! what with stupid hot and cold air con issues my wipers have slowed right down

I know they sieze up on the B5&6 . so can anyone give me the part numbers to order from Audi to replace my linkages... is it easy i presume a few people on here have done it?

Cheers all:crying:

yeah these seize up just the same as the accountants design these linkages too.
quite easy to change. only tricky part is getting the arms off the spindles. and the trim at the bottom of the windscreen slots/clips in can be a little tight. bob the top off the ecu cover on the o/s 5x 30 torx screws. then 3x 10mm headed bolts hold the linkage down. then jiggle it out and unplug the motor.
swap the motor on to the new linkage.
the other tricky bit is making sure the motor is in its parked position before tightening up the 13mm nut on the motor arm with the wiper arms in the right position as you refit it. hard to explain without actually showing someone, but its not rocket science.

also get a new plastic scuttle panel trim, only about £15 as you will more than likely break it removing it, or like me, lose pations and yank the ****** thing of

Cheers guys

So if i go into a dealers is it just the linkages and scuttle panel i am asking for

Cheers.

i took my mecanism out stripped it greased it and put it back in job done.

yes, it also might be worth spray wd40 on the spindels where the wipers sit as mine where a bit of a **** to get of

Mine are slow sometimes, especially after a long period of inactivity. I just take the cover off by the bulkhead, and put the little red pipe on the can of WD40 and give the mechanism a good soak. That keeps them up to speed again for another month or more.

i stripped mine two years ago mate so if you can do it its worth while. unlike james the lazy gitt lol.

Ha :p

Truth be told I don't get much time, and the time I do get I try and spend on slightly more exciting mods than wiper mechanism servicing :slapped:

your right mate but the wipers slowing all the time would do your nut in.

or like what happened to me, about to go to the airport, got out of my estate and the wipers stopped working, luckerly i had another car to use. but the last thing you want is for them to pack in when you need them most

I took mine in bits at the weekend, cleaned it all up and copperslipped the spindles. No longer squeaks.