Help with removing headlight

LiveWire

S3X
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am in the process of removing my headlights to fit new bulbs (to fiddley for me without removing) I have removed the front bumper and 2 securing bolts on top of the headlights, but they still wont come out! I can see underneath they are being held on by the auto adjusting gear but cant work out how to disconnect it?? any help would be appreaciated,

Hi all,
I am in the process of removing my headlights to fit new bulbs (to fiddley for me without removing) I have removed the front bumper and 2 securing bolts on top of the headlights, but they still wont come out! I can see underneath they are being held on by the auto adjusting gear but cant work out how to disconnect it?? any help would be appreaciated,

Hi mate, not an expert here but....I just had my Xenons replaced the other week. Paid Halfords about £7 labour per side and watched them do it. After undoing the two top screws they had to pull the indicators out to get to another screw along the side then headlight falls forward slightly so you have space to get to the bulbs - so I don't think you had to remove the front bumper. hope that helps

think he has a facelift by the sounds of it so he wont have the screw which the indicator blocks. on a non facelift its easier to take the bump off anyhow as the side screw is at an awkward angle for any screw driver

Thanks for all the advice guys, I ended up changing all the bulbs without removing the headlights, so I wasted my time removing the bumper anyway!! lol
And was a PITA getting it back on. Also found out where all my washer fluid is going, one of the headlight jets is leaking very slightly, so im gonna have to buy a new one and remove the bumper again to replace it!

It was very tight and my hands now look a mess but they are all changed. Was also a waste of time replacing the indicator bulbs with silver ones because they are still flashing orange... O-well my new sidelight and Xenon bulbs look nice.

Was also a waste of time replacing the indicator bulbs with silver ones because they are still flashing orange... O-well my new sidelight and Xenon bulbs look nice.

Those stupid orange lenses lol What xenon bulbs did you end up getting bud?

Ended up getting 8k ones, I know some people dont realy like them but as im colourblind I wanted to be able to notice the blue in them.
They dont look to over the top IMO, but for £15 they will more than likley not last long so may end up getting some 5k or 6k...
The LED side lights are a great improvement over the OEM sidelight bulbs.

Cool, i might get some 5k ones just to see the difference compared to the oem 4300k, try getting some pics up if you can

Shouldn't silver visions still flash orange anyway? Or have I missed your point haha!