Removing sticker from headlight

benr

Reaction score
Hi,

My brother ages ago used stickers on the headlights for driving in europe... the only thing is now there off there is still a circle still attached to the headlight and its really hard to get off...

Its not like just residue it seems stronger...

does anyone have any tips?

Also what are the headlights made of is it perspex or glass?

Cheers

so you used this on your headlights and it works ?

yep really good mate i was a bit optermistic but really glad i gave it a go now, mine is a pre-facelift and perspex lenses i guess the facelift ones are perspex to so should be all good

so i take it the a3 headlights are plastic?

I wont spend that sort of money on them as it isnt obvious just annoys me.... surely an easier way to remove this rubbish stick on thing

Sticky stuff remover will get rid on anything sticky. Hairdryer and a razorblade to get the bulk off.

mine had some of the stickers on too, removed them, then used a clay bar to get the rest of the residue off :)

Dave.

mine are glass not perspex, sperated the headlights this morning to clean inside of the glass! hopefully il be able see tonight!

cool thanks very much for the tips...

mines a facelift but cant work out if there glass or not lol... look like glass to me...

Nail Varnish remover! Works for me :)

think you might find the pre-facelift s3 lights are plastic too, there a different design to the a3

Really? What would be the point of designing to different type lights between S3 and A3. Wouldn't be very cost effective.

The units are completely different between a3 and s3 anyway arent they?

Try switching the lights on to warm up the glue before trying to remove any of it and this should make it easier. Alternatively, hairdryer should do the trick.

By the way, forgot to mention, I have applied and removed these headlight deflectors twice now as I drive it to Europe and honestly... Nail varnish remover works a treat. Cant remember who told me about this tip.
As someone mentioned tho, best to do it when you have heated up the lights slightly as it will come off quicker. I reckon 10 mins in total to get the lights spotless.

I actually just used it last week as I saw on this site about the leaver in the headlight. It is mentioned in the car manual but says to take it to a stealer to get it done. I gave it a go and no problems so far (passenger side was tricky because of the battery but managed it ok). Nobody here in Czech has flashed me once since I did this and removed the deflectors.... also the brightness is far better now in the dark than with the deflectors.

Also, when I bought the car there were some garage stickers on the back windscreen, again, nail varnish remover worked great.

brill tx for the tips will give it a go tomorow...