faulty n75?

quattro1

Reaction score
hey guys

im having an odd boost problem, basically the car pulls nice in 1st and 2nd but in 3rd,4th and 5th it comes on boost nicely till 3500rpm when you can hear the turbo back right off and stops pulling, doesnt appear to be any boost leaks either! is it worth getting a new n75? my car is an 1999 tqs

cheers in advance!!

When i had a bad n75 there was no boost at all but i suppose they can fail in different ways i diagnosed mine by unplugging it and i had some boost you could try this and if its better then itl be the n75. Other than that vag com it but my n75 didnt show up as bad with vag com.

Try find someone with VAG COM near you mate, should bring something up.

I'm in York if you're near by?

thanks alot for the fast replies, ill unplug it tomorrow and have a look if its any better! im in bristol so a fair old hike from york lol :( appreciate the offer!!

sounds like limp mode mate. what boost are you hitting - and what engine, tdi, 1.8T, etc etc?

Does it stay in no-power mode unless you restart the engine and bingo its working again? Limp mode fo sho :)

You may be over or under boosting and the ecu is pulling the plug.

no its deffo not limp mode i still had enough power to kill a chrysler crossfire earlier tonight! lol, its a 1.8t with a k03s,it 'feels' like a boost leak but im sure there isnt one because a,i cant hear one b,ive just fitted a fmic and tripple checked all clamps and c,it boosts sweet as a nutt until 3500ish rpm. im not sure what the boost levels are doing yet because a havent got a boost gauge yet, thinking of getting one today so i can post my findings! cheers for the reply mate

You need to get your car logged... the N75 is probaly working fine especially seeing as you have power most of the time.... The ECU is picking up on something else and cutting boost... it does this using the N75, N249 and throttle if you have a DBW car...

If you are in Bristol then Badger 5 is only 30mins or so up the M5 from you... if you are stuck then give Bill a call and book a diagnostics session on the dyno...

<tuffty/>