inconsistant boost - faulty N75??

joshW

Reaction score
Hi, i finally got my boost guage in this weekend, now i have a k03s with custom code stage 2, and im told it should be hitting around 1.5Bar max and holding around 1.3.
At first it was only holding around 0.8 Bar so i presumed i had a leak as JBS also thought that when it was mapped. but after a few days i have now realised that now and again (tends to be in 4th or 5th) its hitting 1.6 Bar and its hit 1.3 a few times in lower gears.

So obviously its not a leak, so the next thing i thought of is the N75, i was just wondering if anyone can confirm this or thinkof anything else it could be?

Also if it is the N75,is it worth sticking with the N75 it has been mapped with or maybe trying another version?

Cheers,
josh

Mines got a similar issue Josh, although my problem is part throttle.

Foot down it always hits 1.5 bar spike and holds around 1.3, but part throttle, every once in a while, it goes nuts and cant decide what to do, with the boost bouncing up and down, and the car surging. it's not nice.

You could try a different version of the N75, I would like to try a J valve, but the problem is, that is will not only raise mid range boost, but also increase peak boost, and with it already running 1.5bar + thats getting dangerously high for a ko3S.

A place near me have suggested it may be a good idea to get an EBC. I'm considering it....

We need to meet up and compare cars I reckon!

hmm, mines on full throttle but not really sure about part throttle as that doesn't happen much ;) lol

EBC ?? wots that lol?

Yup we do need to met up, when are you next in south wales??:p lol
Are you going to GTI spring fest??

If you get surging on full throttle or inconsistent boost on the same stretch of road, then yes, this can be a faulty N75. A guy on a set forum has the same prob this week. I had the same prob with mine. I just swapped it for a new stock valve.

Bosch ME7 maps are load dependant so you can see slightly less boost on a downhill run.

Ah right cheers lads! think im going to have to try a new N75 then.

So just to be lazy again, i dont suppose anyone has a part no. for the N75 for my car? also any idea of how much they are?

cheers guys,
josh

just search N75 on vag parts, I think the F is the standard (could be C though)

Theyre about 45 quid

just ordered one from VW... £13!

im thinkin theyve ordered the wrong part....

grrrrrr!! this is the second time too as they ordered me a ****** diverter valve yesterday! useless VW!!

If anyone has a part no. for the N75 so i can actually get the right part tomorrow, you'd be a life saver!!;)

josh

Does anyone know what else could be causing this?? tried new N75 but no luck:(

any help GREATLY appreciated!

cheers
josh

mine does the same somtimes,i have tried a new n75,dv,coilpacks,plugs,checked the pipework,no fault codes stored,after going through all the old threads there are plenty of people that have had a fault like this in the past but there is no one that has come up with a defo fix,starting to think that this fault might be a program error from new

shouldnt be a program error as its been custom mapped so surely that would resolve any kind of program error???