Im Lost

estwing

Reaction score
Hello, again,

I am kind of lost. I am new to all the audi scene, i used to have a Vauxhall corsa then a astra so i need abit of help.

What is VAGCOM?

Also when i had the corsa and the astra there were hidden menus where you could change certain things, is there any of these on a a3?

I just want to add things, like the alarm bleep and welcome lights for night time....

Any help would be great, and if anyone has and info that they think i might need that would be great.

Thanks

VAGCOM is the old name for what is now known as VCDS.

It is a computer program/ interface lead developed by Ross-Tech in the USA which allows you to do many re-programming tasks like the hidden menus on the Corsa etc.

Don't know latest cost (used to be around £220) but a member on here called NHN sells the official version.

Contact him or check out his signature for more details.

Cheers

I just want to add things, like the alarm bleep and welcome lights for night time....

What years your car? When my car was in for a service the other week i asked them to do the same both coming home lights and alarm beep. They came back later and said the alarm beep they cant do due to noise pollution. They said because i dont have auto light they can program it to do the welcome home lights.

I understand the coming home lights but the alarm beep is just a joke really if its true!!

Let me know how u get on with it and if you manage to do it

They said because i dont have auto light they can program it to do the welcome home lights.

Anyone with VCDS can programme the alarm beep but a few people have said it's so annoying they take it off again !

I think you mean they 'can't' program the lights ! Actually it can be done with a bit of extra wiring fooling the ecu into thinking the auto lights have switched on !

Plenty of threads on here about it.

if i bought one, how do you use it?

oh, and where is the fuse box?

looked on the left hand of the dash but there is nothing there, well nothing i can see anyway

VCDS runs on any PC and the lead plugs into the port in the drivers footwell

Fuse box on my A3 is on the right had side of the dash . on the end that is hidden when the door is shut. if you get where i mean

yeah i get where you mean mate, is your a right hand drive?

hmm, i think NHN is helping me fix my headlights so i will get all the info reguarding VAGCOM