2.8 V6 Exhaust

cjrob

Reaction score
I have a bit of a blowing exhaust, its comming from the front section (around by the drivers door is) tried twice to repair it using putty and gum but it doesnt seem to be sealing it.

the section seems to be blowing from the metal cover round the pipes, could it just be a case of taking these off and replacing them with new ones and brackets.

been quoted £900 for a new one, which is proably what the car is worth . .

any ideas

looks more like a connector, trying to find a diagram on the net to show which bit it is . .

£900!!!!!!! Could get a full custom stainless number for that, with change!

Take it somewhere else if you dont know wot your looking at, tell them you just want it diagnosed first!

Have an RS4 exhaust up for grabs if you're interested? :eyebrows:

sounds like its not that sleeve. im betting whats blowing is one of the flexible sections in the front pipes, and being the front pipes have the cat in them too...... probably why the £900!

take it to an exhaust place that actually make custom exhausts. tell them you want a new flexible section welding into the excisting front pipe/cat.
4" 2" Performance Exhaust Flex pipe 100 x 50 Flexipipe on eBay (end time 13-Jan-11 09:49:26 GMT)
quite easy to bob the front pipe off, chop off the bits of dead flexi, put the two bits of front pipe back on the car, then tack in the new flexi, take the front pipe back off as one, weld it up properly, reinstall it. should be no more than £100 inc labour.

bit of an update, replaced the two sleeve clamps, £10 each from the Stealers, seems to have done the job,

Took the whole section off from the front, ground away all the crappy exhaust gum I put on and it certainly fixed it, will see how long the repair last for given the amount of bloomin speed humps around my house.

only really want to get it through its MOT then im replacing it . . . . with a B6 hopefully :eyebrows: