Jailbroken Iphone 4

a3_dan

Reaction score
I have the iphone 4, currently on 4.1 firmware, which is also jailbroken. Does anyone on here have the newer 4.2 firmware but also jailbroken?

Thanks
Dan

No, sorry dude. Mine is also 4.1 jailbroken. I'm not too fussed to upgrade to 4.2 though, it didn't offer a whole lot more functionality, and having cough*free*cough apps is much nicer :)

Ah ok, never mind. Im not too bothered about staying on 4.1, was merely just putting a feeler out there whether to see if it is being done yet

Don't think they broke v4.2 yet. I may be wrong v4.2 mainly a security fix I think.

I think 4.2 was predominatly to bring the iPad up to speed with the iPhone. Prior to 4.2 the ipad still didn't have multitasking! :O

I seem to recall I heard some interesting things about 4.3, but have no idea what that was, ha!

I wouldn't bother with 4.2. It's got HDR image processing (which works ok), and contact specific SMS tones (Who text's anymore?!?). Airplay is pretty good too if you have AppleTV.
But to be honest, after the novelty of these things went I don't use them anymore.

Also noticed that it's not as smooth as 4.1 was. A few random pauses etc at times when i'm doing stuff. Didn't happen once on 4.1.

Ah, thats it then, i will just hold fire for now then!

So has anyone got any new apps they like? Im bored of all mine...

The Truth or Dare app went down well at our xmas lunch.

Also, Genuis Scan is.... genuis.

Tiki Premium is good time passer.

I've just got word lens, it's well good. One of those augmented reality apps, can translate text on the fly. And I also got battlefield bad company 2 game for it. Best fps I've played on a phone. And on sale at 59p at the moment.

Redmond Pie is the place for all jailbreaking news.

RedSnow causes screen flickering on 4.2 JB and has not been resolved. There are rumours os a New JB on Christmas eve for the latest firmware.

Dont think they are quite there yet tried 4.2.1 and it didnt jailbreak correctly so im back on 4.1 now as said above though redmondpie is the place to go :)

The signal issues were fixed with the 4.0.2 firmware if i remember correctly and we are now on 4.2.1 but for the love of god dont sign up to a 2 year contract and dont get insurance from your provider either its alot cheaper to open a bank account that has it Lloyds offer it for 7 quid a month with AA aswell bargain.

A bit off key here, but have the Iphone4 signal issues been delt with? i ask this is im looking to upgrade to one in the very near future and dont want to sign up for a 2 year contract and get stuck with a lemon,

The signal issues were fixed with the 4.0.2 firmware if i remember correctly and we are now on 4.2.1 but for the love of god dont sign up to a 2 year contract and dont get insurance from your provider either its alot cheaper to open a bank account that has it Lloyds offer it for 7 quid a month with AA aswell bargain.

The signal issue is a hardware problem and not down to software, so until they change the phone physically the issue will not go away.
All the software/firmware "fix" did was change the way the phone displays signal strength.... i.e. where it used to display one bar for a particular level of signal now it displays two bars instead.
Also the first reception bar has been made slightly taller now.
Its all an illusion to make people think they're getting better reception than they actually are.

The free cases/skins provided free by Apple as part of the case program cured the problem by preventing your hand from interfering with antenna when holding the phone. However, Apple have stopped giving out free cases now so you'd have to buy one.

Depending on your conductivity you may or may not find your hand interferes with the signal though.

I'd say that you'd probably want a case anyway to protect your iphone, so as a result you'd be inadvertently solving the signal problem as well.

MY cousin just got his iPhone4 a few weeks back, and on the back his model number is A1332 EMC380B, whereas mine (older) ends with an A. I have yet to see concrete evidence to suggest what thius hardware revision does, but it's fair to assume that Apple won't be publically announcing that they cocked up with the antenna, and all is now fixed. Also, I have never had any problems with my signal. I think it only really makes a difference if you're low on signal anyway.

That's strange about the model numbers. I wonder if they really indicate hardware revisions or changes, because my iPhone is pretty old (got it a month or two after the release date) just checked the back and my model number ends with a 'B'.
And mine is affected by the "death grip".

Well now you've blown my idea out of the water! Mine is about 2-3 months old, his a few weeks. Hmmm, how odd. I can get the death grip to reduce the signal, but if i'm in a strong signal area it only drops a bar or two. And to be fair, i have to practically grope the phone to achieve it.