Boot won't close

supanova

A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
Hey guys

As title. I opened my boot today and it made the little electric sound that opens the lock but when I went to close my boot it wouldn't close/ catch with the clasp. Plus the electric sound thingy doesn't happen anymore as if there's no power getting to it! Can anyone help?!

Cheers guy!! Stuck in a carpark freezing my *** off and can't drive home really incase the boot opens on the motorway!

( I'm on my trusty iPhone) lol I just thought I'd ask here first! Thanks and ummm merry christmas!!

Check the rubber seal in boot lid when open to see if damaged as maybe wire broken that feeds the module.

Does the dis show boot as open?

Also, tie some string, wire round the wiper arm & then to the tow eye loop found in boot under floor, to keep it down whilst driving, so can get home.

Last edited:
Well I checked for the fuse but can't seem to find the right one and the ones I do check was fine! The boot light is on and when I lock my car it alarms because it knows there's a door open! Grrr well I got home ok but still can't lock boot or door!

Just in the process of replacing my boot lock solenoid (actuator). apparently its a common problem for audi. Had the same problem on my 2003 A4 convertible. I just brought one today from my local audi dealer for £35.
Ive removed the old one and use the key to open/close the boot at the moment, this is a pain on the convertible as you have to bend over to find the key hole evey time.
an easy enough job to do DIY.