Automatic boot opening/closing

Pretty sure some of them did, sure a mate has an A6 with this on his.

Pretty sure some of them did, sure a mate has an A6 with this on his.

I'm having a hard time trying to find any information on this.
The multitude of different meanings for the boot does not help but i'm mainly finding items for Mercs and the occasional BMW.
Can't find any thing with ETK but that could just be me.

Did find this system that BMW uses for their E39 tourings. be nice to see the Audi version.

I'm looking at complete opening and complete closing.
Like this video.

watch

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure I have seen it, ask 'johnnythepie', im sure he has this facility on his...might be wrong, but im sure I saw it on his car.

I love it.I love anything thats remote controlled.Keeps my hands free.
Scott, hope youre not too disappointed

I think its a great idea too....anything cool and gadgetty is cool.

I only wish the total closure was one touch, rather than holding the button down.

Bit of a pointless mod in my opinion....
Many times i've walked to my with my hands full and wished the boot would open when i pressed the button.
Have you never done that?

Johnny, Nahh. kNew its a big idea and expected a fail but thats all part of the fun
Off to what systems the other manufactuers uses.

a8s and q7s both have these things. you on about rtro fitting a system. seems like alot of effort fitting it just to be soooo lazy as to want you boot to open a shut itself.

I only wish the total closure was one touch, rather than holding the button down.

There's a mod for that.

Which I did to my 8L S3 including mirrors, locks & roof of original fob with no aftermarket alarm

a8s and q7s both have these things. you on about rtro fitting a system. seems like alot of effort fitting it just to be soooo lazy as to want you boot to open a shut itself.

Its an idea that sparked my interest.
Its allot of work but i've got time on my hands to do it.

Plus its a gadget and i love gadgetry things.