Turbo f*#ed what one to go for???!! 2.5 tdi180

Yappy

A4 b6 TDI V6 Quattro Sport
Reaction score
Hi guys my project is nearly finished and started it today after head work and 9 valves
Now the turbo is whistling and smoking like a whore now do we no what model turbo to go for I have gotta buy a new one anyway so let me no what you views are it's getting remapped an I'm building an exhaust for it to oh and it has a decat and egr valve removed (could this b what is making it smoke just a thought?)
Anyway cheers dude any help would be great ta:scared2:

Now im no expert , but there is a member on here adamss24 who like you has maxed their 2.5 and iirc he says a bov50 turbo taken from the b7 3.0l tdi with a mod to make the actuator fit is the way to go. He will no dought be along shortly or you could pm him.

Now im no expert , but there is a member on here adamss24 who like you has maxed their 2.5 and iirc he says a bov50 turbo taken from the b7 3.0l tdi with a mod to make the actuator fit is the way to go. He will no dought be along shortly or you could pm him.

Hi chaps,Borg Wagner BV50 fits with lots of modding however my favorite is the Garrett GT2559 off the renault espace Veil Satis as its allmost plug and play. The down pipe needs tweaking and the turbo is oil and watter cooled but that's an easy task. The best turbo is the Garrett GTB2260VK, similar performance to the BV50 but it needs a lot of modding to fit. The 2260vk spools quicker than the GT2559 but give about the same output at high revs. The bv 50 isnt clockable but it is clocked fine for the V6 tdi. Wichever turbo you fit you will need new injectors and a good remap. I have a friend wich is working at fitting a GTB2260Vk on his a6 tdi quattro but its still a work in progress !

Well man youve come up trumps again I bow to thee haha I will have a butchers hook see if I can find one or another on the net or from a parts place I'm just ****** off to the back teeth with spending money on it oh well it should be good for a while once its done haha cheers again fellas

This is what i have on me b5: ebay item nr. 230570024424. Allmost plug and play but i would make shure the turbo includes the inlet and drain flanges as they cost big money from saab or renault... The turbo will need clocking though and you can use-it as it is as the actuator is vacuum controlled.

Thanks for all your help man it's well appreciated I have just found out a mate of mine can get the original turbo for me as a px for 175 (ask no questions tell no lies haha)
But I will be calling on you again in the near future with all your diesel know how and picking your brains I am going to build a lupo or a polo with a 1.9 tdi but wanna use either quattro or 4motion drivetrain then try get some big power out of it maybe even tsi diesel power what you think????

No point to do it man as the transverse Haldex quattro is pants and you'll experience lots of problems. For fun it will be nice to fit a pd 130 engine in the lupo and tweak that instead, not easy but doable. Easy 200+ Bhp and more power than the chassis can handle- will be great fun though having 220-250 Bhp per ton and 350Nm of torque ! Thing is there are not many gearboxes that will fit the small engine bay so you will have to do with weaker 5 speed units and everything will need upgrading: brakes, driveshafts, suspension as the car never been designed for big power anyway ! I would still go for the renault turbo if i was you as the VNT 20 you have there will struglle past 220 Bhp + you're planning in having that re-mapped + building the exhaust from scratch... Also make shure the turbo is the same part number to the letter on the end as yours becaus there are quite a few variations of VNT 20 aka GTB 2252...

Yeah man that sounds good to me I'm a fabricator anyway so if it needs chopping it will have it haha how about 1 in the boot ???? Or maybe a polo dunno about size and stuff but could use a passat gearbox and mount it in line would save alot of space round the side that would be fun and it would wheely hahaha

Rear wheel drive and mount the gearbox in the boot... better weight distribution :)

(I may have got carried away there)

edit: what I meant to "suggest" (I'm asking, not telling): would it be possible to get one of the higher spec turbo's installed now and look to do injectors, etc later?

Last edited:
Bosio race 683 are the easy option when it comes to nozzles as they have been designed for the v6 AFB engine. A big turbo wont do nothing without the supporting mods but it will run well enough to get you by for a short while. With a adjustable tunning box you can overfuel a bit more and the turbo can clear-up some of the smoke transforming it into power !

Right sounds good to me now wot you think the best way to go for a remap or a box ???!
Im having more problems anyway got the car down of the ramps today after all the problems I had with it(belt broke 9 valves cams were ****** then the turbo thing) now it's running mint the fuckwitted ******* car won't put any drive down well I say any it does but you have to rev it to about 1850-2000 rpm then it starts to move now I have had it on a slight slope forward and also had the front of the motor off including trans cooler pipes off the rad now does it sound like it's low on oil or what no warning lights up nothing oh it's a 5 SPD tiptronic I'm taking the car for a mot tomorrow so need it sorting quick time what r your thoughts on it anybody please HELLLLLLLLLLLP haha