centre console modification

pjw

Reaction score
im about to build a carpc and have a screen which i want to fit into the centre console. I know i can make room from the stereo coming out, however whats the odds of moving the heater dials lower?

Has anyone else had experience of fitting a screen in there?

Are your heater dials the older manual kind or the electronic push button type? Be great if you could post a pic. I've modified my console too. Its a cross to between a facelift and a post facelift wrapped in di-noc.

If its an AC car, its not too bad to move the prefacelift AC controls down as the unit itself is quite small, and will probably fit down by the ashtray

If it has manual controls however it probably wont be so easy as they're quite a bit larger, and the cables that operate the bits probably wont have much spare length.

Yeah its the old style manual ones at the bottom, not the ac pushbutton type.. I really would like a 7" screen in there but i predict i wont have enough room. Im going to take the face off it tomorrow and see if theres any room to move.

I think I had one of the first car pc's in the country in my Audi, you might have seen it in PC Format a few years ago lol

If you have climate then it's pretty easy to relocate I have enclosed a link to mine that is on youtube lol

YouTube - My Carputer

Did you just move the climate lower? Hard to see in the video.

What did you fabricate the surround from?

Might be worth converting to a double din facelift to make more room. In the vid the heater controls look slighty inverted, they have defo been moved down, probably to where the ciggy tray was. Saw a thread on audizine on this a while back. Sure the guy had to mod the digi climate control as its too deep to fit where the tray is.

Last edited:
Nothing ever is when it comes to modding buddy! Theres always some kind of ballache/pain in the **** that gives you both barrels....Shock! Aragorns being negative again, (mate, I'm only playing!...lol)!

flip out screen seems the easiest and less hassel way of doing it.

Does the manual heater controls not use the same housing or plate as AC then?
I've never seen manual controls in an A4 before.

More negative :D

Decent flip out VGA touchscreens effectively dont exist!

There are some chinese ones, but the mechanisms are made of cheese and the LCD panels arent particularly good.