What's it worth!!??

Are you planning to get it mapped ?? The last thing you would want is one of us 8L boys keeping up with you !!

Hope all goes well with the purchase.

He will get it mapped, have no illusions! He's already shown up an 8P (if my memory serves) so won't be wanting that ;)

what's the 8P like, compared to the 8L?

cant really comment as the one i took out was a sportback, was the same boat like experience but felt quicker yetmore refined, tighter? prob cos of the age of the car...looked down at clock and was going faster than i thought too!! the DSG is amazing, superfast steering wheel paddle changes which took a few miles to get used to...still torn but kinda more towards DSG now as its an excellant party trick ;) plus when you hear the subtle pop from the exhaust on the gear change (only on DSG apparently)....sounded nicer too in general and better at top end...not massive difference, or as much as i thought...but defo an upgrade without doubt

Are you planning to get it mapped ?? The last thing you would want is one of us 8L boys keeping up with you !!

Hope all goes well with the purchase.

eventually, after say 6 months or so....depends what level as im not wanting full stage 2 but might change fuel pump as makes stage 1 10bhp better by all accounts

He will get it mapped, have no illusions! He's already shown up an 8P (if my memory serves) so won't be wanting that ;)

na, my stage 1 custard equalled the 8P twice, and lost very slightly as he had the run against another..... so happy with it standard to start with ;)

hopefully not custard code

na, want a switched map with valet etc ;)

reduced power, say 160 bhp for when it goes to Audi for servicing.....stops test pilots taking the **** when they have your keys to clean/service it

oh ok, thats useful, my revo map allows me to switch back to standard

errm S3 8P prices aint moving lol, no other hatch back hold the value this well

and a bit more overhang at the back mate ;) assumed it was heavier...... boots only just a tad smaller too, good considering the space in the back...misus is right though, they do look retarded

Ive driven a 3.2 8P A3 with the DSG and was pretty impressive with it. Jonny C was running silly power in his MK5 GTI with a DSG box and didnt have no troubles with that

Last edited:
Ive driven a 3.2 8P S3 with the DSG and was pretty impressive with it. Jonny C was running silly power in his MK5 GTI with a DSG box and didnt have no troubles with that

mate, they don't do a 3.2 S3.... didn't know about Jonny's mk5 though, thats helpful

Looks a minter mate, could do with a few more interior shots maybe?

cheers fella, i'll try and get a couple more up if it doesn't sell....havent really got one of the seats yet.

Tim, have you thought about a 135i, I be going for a 8P S3 or 135i for my next car.

On the advert, i wasn't sure if i should advertise as a show car, but technically it has been to a few shows and stood on the stand - and it makes it stand out a bit more....thoughts?

Nattie, yeah i have considered it but a lot of reviews go against the BMW technology when compared, plus its rear wheel drive which i don't want, and the interiors look even more bland than the Audi's and seems lower quality IMO - so far i have considered 911 (but not even checked running costs as too scared!!), seen an S5 for 22k (same with running costs), considered S4 which again is same for costs, M3, there are a few new shape M3's creeping through under 25k now, but really not that enthusiastic for the running costs or the RWD, nice car though ;) ..... its the only sensible solution i think unless anybody has any other considerations?

BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i M Sport full road test car review - BBC Top Gear - BBC Top Gear

ok i take that back, they do look nice and ive always loved the coupe 1 series....didnt realise they were twin veined turbos???? bet that maps into oblivion (if you can get a map)...BMW only have one used example in the UK for a respectable 22k, that said if we lived in a dry country id be taking one out!! interior loooks a tad better than the earlier models too for some reason? cant put my finger on it.... grip is my only vice though and can imagine it doesnt do 32 average mpg and those eleastic band runflats wont be much under £200 a corner if im lucky.... cheers for suggestion Nats, really hadn't thought about one

Tim, no pics of the leather? Unless I'm going mad, can only see one photo of the interior and that is of the cd changer.

BMW 1 Series Coupe 135i M Sport full road test car review - BBC Top Gear - BBC Top Gear

ok i take that back, they do look nice and ive always loved the coupe 1 series....didnt realise they were twin veined turbos???? bet that maps into oblivion (if you can get a map)...BMW only have one used example in the UK for a respectable 22k, that said if we lived in a dry country id be taking one out!! interior loooks a tad better than the earlier models too for some reason? cant put my finger on it.... grip is my only vice though and can imagine it doesnt do 32 average mpg and those eleastic band runflats wont be much under £200 a corner if im lucky.... cheers for suggestion Nats, really hadn't thought about one

Every BMW driver I've spoken to has changed or asked to have changed the run flats on pickup, so I wouldn't worry about that!

and a bit more overhang at the back mate ;) assumed it was heavier...... boots only just a tad smaller too, good considering the space in the back...misus is right though, they do look retarded

Sportsback and Hatchback is exactly the same length! The reshape of the rear roofline makes it look longer though. There's a thread about it in the 8P section.

Having been in quite a few m3's, in terms of driving experience they are a lot better than any audi. M sport cars come out of the box so nicely setup that grip isnt such a big issue as you think.

the s3 and 135i are closely priced but the 135i is the better performance car imo but the s3 has better interior but way more common on the road, tough one.

your going to be spending alot of money and i would at least test drive others before you set your heart on a s3

Sportsback and Hatchback is exactly the same length! The reshape of the rear roofline makes it look longer though. There's a thread about it in the 8P section.

can only tell you what some of the 8P boys have told me mate, the SB is something like 10 litres less boot space but more of an overhang on the back.....which is where the room in the back seats come from was what i was told on a recent thread- think it was N8 who said, dont quote me though

Having been in quite a few m3's, in terms of driving experience they are a lot better than any audi. M sport cars come out of the box so nicely setup that grip isnt such a big issue as you think.

the s3 and 135i are closely priced but the 135i is the better performance car imo but the s3 has better interior but way more common on the road, tough one.

your going to be spending alot of money and i would at least test drive others before you set your heart on a s3

see what ya saying fella, they are more thoroughbread...theres 2 in the UK from what i can see, one with BMW and other drop top on Autotrader so not much chance of test driving....theres more than that too it though, im not really gonna be tonking it round corners and will miss my traction in all weathers which is the highlight for me, really cannot imagine going back to 2wd...my battles mostly exist on the straights and I certainly wont be tracking it so wont get full benefit. Plus i can't fit two large dogs in a coupe 1 series ;) any other considerations?

also finding it distinctly hard to find a 3 door DSG :( theres 18 in the country from what i can find, all above 25k... so gonna hold out and so won't be discounting anything

The 135 might be rare, but the 1 series certainly isn't. I see more 1 series than A/S3's. Still don't think it's a great looking car, but what a performance machine. And what about the M1 Tim ;)

BMW M1 Coupe: it

can only tell you what some of the 8P boys have told me mate, the SB is something like 10 litres less boot space but more of an overhang on the back.....which is where the room in the back seats come from was what i was told on a recent thread- think it was N8 who said, dont quote me though

I tried to find the diagram of the 8P Hatchback/Sportsback overlay, the wheelbase/length/seating is all identical, just the rear roofline is different in shape.