Fmic installed is this normal?

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
Hey guys I've fitted it took about 3 hours or so but I'm now boosting up to 18psi?? I've got a straight through exhaust an induction kit but surely I shouldn't be boosting that I was only boosting 8-9psi before? Will ut go bang?? Lol

Have you forgotten to reconnect the pipe from the charge pipe to the N75? sounds like uncontrolled boost to me...

<tuffty/>

Said the same in the other thread, probably N75 take off.

I used a cheapo ebay kit too and there was no nipple for it in standard form and without that connected it can cause it the boost insanely but would usually go into limp mode, for me anyway.

Last edited:
Ah yeh that would be it then is it a small breather hose?? is it ok without that conected as it doesn't run into limp mode or will it just blow up? lol cheers guys

Can't be good. If you go to B&Q you can get the bits to make up a t-piece to tap into the other hose that comes out of the top of the pipework at the back and leads to the DV. I was looking for my pics when I did mine but I can't find them, sorry.

Last edited:
Yes it's VERY bad news! Yes it will blow up.

Do not drive your car until you've fixed the problem

You need to make a take off in the new pipework to connect the n75.

Surely you've seen this mentioned in every single how to thread there is?

Yeh ive read of it but didn't know what it looks like and I couldn't find any engine specific instructions but cheers i won't drive it till it's sorted

I would say you might have taken off the map sensor without fixing it onto the new FMIC

It'll be an AGU mate, so won't have a map sensor. the chap has already said he's forgotten to do an n75 take off.

there's the problem.