URGENT ADVICE - MANIFOLD RHD??

I know, that all because its shiney it doesn't automaticaly mean its gonna be good....

but...

LOOK AT IT! Thats the sexiest thing you could fit under your bonnet apart from Kylie.

Answers please! I have an itchy VISA ready and waiting!

Cheers,

Stevie

Stevie - cant help I'm afraid, eithr Rich or VST over on RS246.com are probably going to be your best bet for a speedy answer.

Try PMing VST, he knows his stuff regarding the RHD and LHD bits and bobs.

Hi Steve,

I couldnt say for sure. Generally, for RHD card the turbo mounting flange on the manifold needs to be offset towards the passenger side to make sure there is enough space for the downpipe .etc to clear the steering rack .etc, and also so that the turbo is clear of the master cylinder.

What turbo is that?

Rich

Ha, ha, ha. Like your pic nervus!

@ Rish, I know what you are saying Rich. I have looked at the one on the car and the exhaust port coming from the o/s is longer than the n/s.

Do you have a picture of either your Jabba manifold or your old standard??

@Nervus, Yes the turbo is V-large. Not sure if I would go for this one as it would be very laggy. The turbo I'm interested in is the Powermaster T2/T3 roller bearing. Its capable of 300whp which is aroung 370bhp depending on tranny loss.

I can beieve the prices but.

Cheers,

Stevie

Steve,

here is a pic of the Jabba Manifold!

15_4.jpg

You could do alot worse than using the same manifold but have the flange modified to accept the turbo you want.

Rich

370 bhp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Know what you are saying Rich, but for the price of that manifold I can get ALL of the stuff in the 2nd picture!

Just wish there was some way of finding out if it would fit or not?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have emailed them to ask but have never got back to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Stevie

Won't it be more dependent the handing of the exaust manifold on the turbo? It can't be seen on the picture if it faces up or down, or are all turbo's the same?

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
Won't it be more dependent the handing of the exaust manifold on the turbo? It can't be seen on the picture if it faces up or down, or are all turbo's the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

The orientation of the turbo can generally be changed. The manifold faces so the wastegate is at the top of the engine, not the bottom.

Rich

know the feeling mate am in same boat! i think gregc will confirm the manifold fits, when ive spoke to apr in america they say it fits