MTM or Sportec alloys

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
where can i buy MTM or Sportec alloys? i know AmD do the sportec ones but are there any other supliers. what about the MTM ones? what are the best prices for these wheels?

and if you have good pics with these wheels please feel free to post them up

thanks

A bloke called VST was selling some off his S3 a few months ago, do a search and have look in the market place, not sure if he still has them though.

Jedi VST has them up on 246.com at the mo, as new condition £1500 for 19's I think. If you want replica MTM's, rochford tyres does them in 18 &19" formats. I'm sure they are not 100% like for like but they call the MTM wheel under audi.

Check this out

rochford tyres
242.jpg

yea i saw the second hand ones VST has... bit pricey arent they!! and i didnt realise they were only in 19"

the rochford ones dont look like very acurate copies.

oh well.. guess i'll have to look for something else

rochford do them in 18's see below

18" RS007 & Tyres 8018RS4007 £ 591.49 £ 695.00

4 * Brand New 8x18" 9 Spoke RS007 Style Alloy Wheels. Fitted with Brand New Premium Performance 225/40/18 Tyres. Fitment available 5x100 et35. Price includes bolts, caps & badges.

rochford tyres

Sportecs are the way forward for sure. They are just so sexy on the S3, especially a noggy blue one!

RIch

What do the sportecs look like? I wanted some MTM's too but my car looks just right with Factory RSTT's and GmbH suspension. I think 19's will make it look like theres a bigger arch gap.

[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Hard choice both very nice wheels.

What price are you looking at for the Sportecs?

[/ QUOTE ]

£1150+vat + tyres so around £1800 all in! Still OUCH!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
Markb said:
Hard choice both very nice wheels.

What price are you looking at for the Sportecs?

[/ QUOTE ]

£1150+vat + tyres so around £1800 all in! Still OUCH!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

OUCH indeed LOL

Markb, sorry i never found that Abt badge mate. Its ****** there somewhere /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

those MTM's are loverly but 19" is too big for an S3, they make it look like a double axeled caravan the wheels are nearly touching each other (slight exageration).

yeah i love the MTM's aswell...infact im going off the sportecs now after looking at both pics next to each other.

The bottom pic isnt all that bad if they are the copies.

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
those MTM's are loverly but 19" is too big for an S3, they make it look like a double axeled caravan the wheels are nearly touching each other (slight exageration).

[/ QUOTE ]
What a load of rubbish!

Wheels are only too big if they rub on the arches and 19s don't rub!

[ QUOTE ]
Imola S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

[/ QUOTE ]
What a load of rubbish!

Wheels are only too big if they rub on the arches and 19s don't rub!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your's sits right though, i've said it before that yours looks really well. There just seems to be a huge ground clearence on the MTM picture!

@Jedi,
The MTM's on the silver car are copies!

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Dont be put off!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif Sportec's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

BBS are a good bet. gooq quality, not extautionate price .etc!

Rich

Unfortunately not.

But how about these? (ignore the bolt pattern)
tecno_detf1silver.jpg

They are £227.00 each inc vat. Called Technomagnesio Detroit and are very similar to Sportecs

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
Unfortunately not.

But how about these? (ignore the bolt pattern)
tecno_detf1silver.jpg

They are £227.00 each inc vat. Called Technomagnesio Detroit and are very similar to Sportecs

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I was thinking that these could look quite good the other day actually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I am still liking the Sportecs and the MTM's though.

I was going to get some Rep MTM's, but someone where I live got some. So I can't copy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know which ones I want though and it will just be a matter of time.

My MTMs are still for sale folks, are as new with P-Zeros,stunning looking wheel on an S3,I had 18in Sportecs,18in 996 turbo's and 18in Speedline Turinis and the MTMs looked the best. Ride height and stance of the car on 19s is down to personal choice,my car was set up to handle,not just to look cool,so it could have(and was for a while as an experiment)been ran up to 20mm lower with no clearance problems.

hi VST. i'd love you MTMs and for a few brief minutes yesterday i did toy with the idea but £1500 plus delivery to the UK plus new 19" tyres every now and again is a bit out of my price range.

good luck though.. they are the nicest wheel i have seen on the S3 bar none!

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
actually... what do people think

are those MTM copies on that silver car 18" or 19"?? starting to wonder if they are 19s now...

[/ QUOTE ]

They look like 19's but they are still reps

yep, i think those mtm reps are 19s.

If you're going ahead with the suspension upgrades that you have planned, I reckon you should stick with 18s - imo they look just right on a S3 lowered 30mm or so.

yeah im still planning on using H&R springs which are only 25mm drop so i guess 18s would be best.

i know those are copies / reps nervus but i reckon they look pretty cool still.

Yeah i think they look good too. They still suit the car. There's just something about the centre caps which looks wrong to me, are they polished or something?

Technomagnesio wheels are made by Mim wheels (part of the Speedline group) .... the same company that makes wheels for Sportec. If you look around you cant get the above Detroits in 19's, presumably this is because they are exactly the same wheel as the Sportec - and they dont wanna lose sales of the more expensive rims!!

Just some handy info for you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hello everyone, I've looked for the mtm copies before and if you want the ones with the grooves running all the way around the aperture then try performancealloys.co.uk. They are exactly the same without the mtm emblem for £150 a rim in 19". They are also available in 18s. Pay extra for good tyres though. I can feel a group buy coming on !

Regards, Chris.

I'm liking these at the moment. I've seen them on the back of a couple of magazines. Not sure on the fitment and sizes available though, but they look nice all the same