RS4 ARB fitted

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
Had it fitted yesterday (garage job as haven't got the time, plus the missus won't know I've done it as well ;)), at first didn't think it made much of a difference and couldn't see what people were raving about. On the way to work this morning though I could really tell the difference, it turns a lot sharper into corners now, and I don't feel like I'm falling sidewards out the seat anymore when cornering, even at lower speeds...

It means you gain more confidence in applying the power earlier when coming out of corners as it feels much more connected to the road, and less likely to oversteer.

Small bumps etc. actually don't seem as bad, you still obviously get the bump, but you don't then get a load of roll added into the equation, which tended to extenuate the bumps.

Happy days, and as many have before me, I would recommend this. Thanks to Pjmspeedy for the parts. A day or so delay but it seems that this is a very popular part now as had to wait for it to come from Germany, as none left over here...

RS4 ARB or RS4 ARBs? you only had one done? Im guessing you had the front one fattened up then? I think ARB upgrades are generally undervalued but they really can transform the handling of a car

RS4 ARB or RS4 ARBs? you only had one done? Im guessing you had the front one fattened up then? I think ARB upgrades are generally undervalued but they really can transform the handling of a car

It's the rear anti-roll bar we're talking about, not the front. The front is the same on all models. The rear bar is progressively thicker - hence stiffer - depending on whether your car is an SE (16mm), an S-Line (18mm), S4 (20mm) or RS4 (22mm). Understeer is reduced when rear roll stiffness is increased relative to front roll stiffness.

ah i see, i was thrown by the comment saying it feels less likely to oversteer

nevermind, i had both the front and rear done on my s3, but the rear thickness was increased more relative to the front and its so much better now. It has erradicated the safe understeer that is dialled into the stock setup

so fitting this part does it make the car sit lower n handle better or what? as i dont want the car to go down lowering and coilover line as i dont want to spoil the suspension... my last car... (vw bora) was slammed and by the end i hated it... :(

its an anti roll bar...... no it wont affect ride height at all, proportionally increasing the rear ARB thickness reduces the understeer

ahhh this could be useful! i still think im driving my decked bora at times and get a little carried away with cornering....! my friend has a se avant and he recon that handles brilliant but i think my s line is a little poor if im honest... this may be something i may purchase :salute: