ADVICE NEEDED ON 05 2.0TDI DSG..115,000 miles.

AjayB

MK5 Golf GT
Reaction score
Looking at buying an audi a3, seen one with 115,000. does this milage seem to high to be worthwhile going for? :wacko:

Ajay

Depends on price, service history, what's been replaced on it since new etc...

It could be a well serviced motorway cruiser in good nick or a thrashed nail.

It's got full service history, all previous MOT's.. from what i can see from the pictures it looks really nice.

I'm going to get my cousin to check it out for me as its 160 miles away from where i live. looks like a tidy car from a trader. and the price i think is really good too.

I'd want to know if it was on it's original turbo, this would be an obvious weak point.

At that sort of milage I would be checking if the injectors have had any work done on them, or better still if they have been replaced. You could potentially be looking at a £1k bill if you have to replace all 4. Injectors typically cost around £150 each can be difficult to remove if they're the originals and then there's labour cost.

Alan

Cheers for the replies guys, i'll hopefully get the car checked out tomorrow or monday.. the garage selling says its an Ex Fleet so has all the receipts and bills for work done on the car. Hopefully it's all in order. Will get back to you with the results of the viewing.