pocket pc users

I

imported_Nigma

Ok,

This may be a long shot, but im wondering how many VAG users own a pocket pc device?

I'm going to start developing an application for pocket pc that will connect to the ODBII interface, and display pretty much everything that comes out of that socket, using graphs, dials, guages etc..

I basically want to know what would the general interest be for this?
Of course the software will be free, with the exception of any interface cables of course.

Thanks Anand

[ QUOTE ]
Ok,

This may be a long shot, but im wondering how many VAG users own a pocket pc device?

I'm going to start developing an application for pocket pc that will connect to the ODBII interface, and display pretty much everything that comes out of that socket, using graphs, dials, guages etc..

I basically want to know what would the general interest be for this?
Of course the software will be free, with the exception of any interface cables of course.

Thanks Anand

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, and would love some software that does this!

A

Cheers for the response fella's.

That VAG check looks pretty good.

If you take a look at the Motec gui fpr the PC (free download from motec), it has a stunnig interface. I was thinking of something along these lines, where you could have multipl items on the screen, of any size and position.

I'll get cracking.

Anand

Nice... VERY itneresting. Any modern day tuner would be interested I bet!

I'd be more than willing to pay ~£200 for such a thing!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got deep pockets RICH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whilst I have the luxery of both a PDA and a laptop, the PDA is limited as to how much data you can view at once, so the price needs to be appropriate IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got deep pockets RICH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whilst I have the luxery of both a PDA and a laptop, the PDA is limited as to how much data you can view at once, so the price needs to be appropriate IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can see inlet temps and EGT/Lambda at the same time, that would suite me just fine!

You could attach the pda to the dash and have realtime boost, oil temp, air intake etc etc.

An excellent tool for trackdays to ensure things don't melt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You could attach the pda to the dash and have realtime boost, oil temp, air intake etc etc.

An excellent tool for trackdays to ensure things don't melt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i s thnking...been looking for something like this for AGES!

Just an idea, but cant you display stuff from the radio on the DIS display in between the main dials. Wouldn't a good idea to find out how to interface with this and display boost and other things in here instead?

That'd be a great bit of software, especially if it had a logging mode to record different parameters and then you can produce lovely graphs afterwards...

The bluetooth connection sounds very interesting, I'd be up for that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich

any chance this would be compatible with the 8P model as well?

It will be compatible with any car that uses the standard ODBII interface.

I'm not gonna say too much more on it, until i have completed it. so.. watch this space.

Anand