my introduction and my new s3

Luis3

Reaction score
Hi to every 1, I'm Luis 23 year old live in Jersey channel islands just bought audi s3 AMK from uk.

which is turned into a bit of pain! picked up the car from manchester and drove it to poole to get ferry back to jersey, but about 100 yards from the ferry oil pressure light came on and started rattling like tappety noise! so pulled over straight away switched it off took a good look round the engine no leaks found! oil level ok i couldn't understand i didnt know any thing about these oil pump failures and sluge problems at the time! felt like phoning the guy who i had just purchased it from and telling him to get down here! (but i realy wanted this one has it is fully loaded and mint looks sweet) so let it cool down a couple of hours and started back up there was no noise but started smoking slightly so i tought i had lost oil pressure and thats wots damaged the turbo! so managed to get back home with it smoking like train on a saturday on tuesday this is wot it looked like! lol not wot i wanted to do but hey aint go a choice.

so traced damage to turbo needing rebuild due to loss of oil pressure because of sludge on the engine crank case. and this 1 has been well serviced with every service up to date from audi dealer! i think it was because it got it so hot from driving it like its stolen al the sludge went to sump and blocked pick up pipe to oil pump!
now going for rebuild and hybrid conversion can any 1 tell me wot i need appart from this:
rods
turbo hybrid
intercooler
exhaust manifold
3" down pipe
engine oil cooler
induction hose
paddle clutch
alloy flywheel
some home made head porting
inlet camshaft and adjustable cam pulley

wot do i do about fuelling!?
can any 1 tell me if i need any thing else!?

Welcome along mate

You need to upload your photos to a site like photobucket and then use the IMG code from there

any information in wot size injectors will need? or would it be best just to phone who evas going to remap it!
any idea on bhp?
yeah yours is nice but i cant afford big turbos yet only just bought the thing!

ok didnt know...
ive been told the standard injectors would be fine would u say so?
any ruff idea on bhp ive been told turbo can produce 340bhp but i never seen 1 with that much power on k04 hybrid!

nope they wont on a hybrid Im running 440's at a minimum but then mine was one of the first hybrid ko4'd S3's and got the ball rolling

No you will need injectors, it depends on your mapper for the size but 550cc will be fine, 340 is achievable just...have a look at wellys thread on here, although he as changed the turbo now, there is also danes thread, he is getting mapped now with a new turbo from the states

Check out Welly's hybrid conversion thread, his k04 hybrid ran a daily 338 hp, I think it managed 345 but that wasn't particularly good for daily driving.

You'll certainly need to change the injectors, my k04 hybrid set up uses 550cc injectors.

A badger 5 3 inch turbo intake pipe and a jettex cone filter is the best induction set up.

You'll need a high flow exhaust manifold to get the most out of a k04 hybrid.

No ones done anything with camshafts and cam pulleys so I wouldn't worry about those.

An updated clutch is a good idea, mines now shagged lol.

If your engine is already apart its a good plan to swap to a large port head from an aeb engine or an agu engine, more ignition advance and thus more power.

Water methanol injection is a good idea too.

As I say welly's hybrid conversion thread is an excellent source of info, and my thread, Danes hybrid conversion thread, has much the same info.

cheers for info boys
yeah i want big valve head but cant find one in uk. would u say aeb from the states would be ok!?
i should of kept the head of my a3 agu!

any idea how much for water methanol kits

Last edited by a moderator:
Be patient and a big port head will turn up.

My aem water meth kit cost c. £330

You need to machine part of the head flat, I can't remember but there are details in tufftys 'my modding thread'

You can find them on eBay or a breakers yard

Some aeb heads dont need machining. With mine i had to change cam pulley, cam sensor and cam chain tensioner.

Bill at badger 5 had mine on the side