3.2 need help

yuan2211

Reaction score
got a 3.2 had a hit on the side and ever since the car does not start. i can hear the starter motor clicking but not turning over. is there a cut off switch somewhere????? somebody help

Where was the car hit, sounds more like a earth problem if everything else ignition wise is working. Does it go if you jump it ?

it was hit in the passenger side middle pillar and even a jump start aint turning it on

Sounds to me like you are carrying the low amp circuits but its clicking the solenoid but not the starter. You could try running a jump lead from the live under the bonnet to the starter. Check both battery terminals and maybe check the high amp fuses in the boot.

i think i must have imagined it....I was sure the 3.2 had a couple of fuses near the battery in the boot but i have done a search and i cant find any reference's to them...sorryi

no probs im gonna try give the starter some feed from the battery cheers paddy

Have Audi's got button cut off? My 106's all had a red button under the bonnet and with hard suspension if you hit a bump on the near side it would sometimes trip it and cut the engine. All you had to do was open the bonnet and push the red button down. think it was if you rolled the car over would stop the engine from running.

i was told somethin like this but aint found any switch or button to date

found the problem. theres a module in the boot which the power cables go into which has tripped pn 4f0915519.

Yes i think that is what was described to me as a high amp fuse in the boot. I suppose with a stretch of the imagination it is sort of :) more of a circuit breaker....Glad you fixed it anyway .