chorus - RNS-E in A3 2011

windy751

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a factory fitted chorus radio in A3 SE 1.6tdi 2011 (Driver’s Information System/DIS and
multi-function steering wheel) and have been offer a RNS-E - 8P0 035 193 G.

I am wondering if there is anything specific that I would need it - any adapters/ coding for DIS / antennas - or just plug and play?

Thanks in advance for your help
Adam

Hi as far as I know from fitting mine, it is a straight swap with coding on VCDS, also you will need a sat nav antenna and position this in the dash on top of the glove box or behind the instrument cluster.

I am sure someone with more information can clarify this

I am in the same position with a S3 2010 with consert III stereo in .... a am a bit worried about the FM/AM reception. The rns-e is design for a diffrent antenna .... any one uses the standard antenna for FM/AM without problems?

Thanks Foxy!
I am wondering why coding on VCDS is required? - because of DIS and multi-function steering wheel?
I thought GPS and FM antennas would be in the car available.

You have to code the rns-e to the features on your car for them to work together such as bluetooth, mfsw and bose. Also you need to tell the car it has nav so the information shows on the DIS. The GPS antenna wont be in the car if it did not have factory RNS-E it is a small square unit with a magnetic base, I placed mine over the glove box and always get 6 satellites.

Hope this helps

Oh and regards the radio reception, some areas can be a bit rubbish but in general I can pick up most stations with good reception and I have not done the antenna mod. However some others have had crap reception so I guess it depends on where you are.

Yep, it makes sense. Many thanks Foxy!!!!
What I have already ordered is: satnav incl. code, dvd, GPS antenna and removal pins. I assume rns-e should work as standalone unit but as you said if I want to see ANY rse-e functions on the DIS or control rns-e over mfsw, the codeing is required. There is no Bluetooth or bose in my car yet:)
Have you coded it on your own in your car or would you recommend anybody? Cheers

I coded my own there is a list of the options fitted on the car and how to code it, I think its on the rosstech website and on ASN but cannot find it. Will have a look.

Yep, it makes sense. Many thanks Foxy!!!!
What I have already ordered is: satnav incl. code, dvd, GPS antenna and removal pins. I assume rns-e should work as standalone unit but as you said if I want to see ANY rse-e functions on the DIS or control rns-e over mfsw, the codeing is required. There is no Bluetooth or bose in my car yet:)
Have you coded it on your own in your car or would you recommend anybody? Cheers
Did you get one on ebay? good price?

Thanks! but I have not got VAGCOM? What kind of interface/protocol are you using?
Do you know anybody who can code in Poole or London area?

Last edited:
its ebay, so there are planty of rnse... but you should think about 500

Just make sure that its not a stolen one... - no idea how to check it... Audi dealer...?

Just make sure that its not a stolen one... - no idea how to check it... Audi dealer...?
Yes I talked to a friend that works in a autorized audi shop... he didnt know if he could check the serialnumber but he is going to try.
Dont want any trouble at next service for instance.