leak leak leak,aaahhhh

Buzzer

Reaction score
The last 2 weeks now, my car has began to show signs of a leak, condensation on the windsreen etc
Noticed the seatbelt is wet when pulled across. ie the part that is normally at the end of the pillar.
Anybody know where the drain would be that would cause a leak there?
Any replies would be appreciated

ye, rear wash is working ok, but does take about 10 seconds from time of pressing the stalk to appearance of the water.. is it instant on everybody elses?

No not instant, can take a few seconds if its not used regularly as the water has to travel from front of car to back.

Sounds like the pipe to your rear washer could have split mine takes a while to come out 3-4 seconds but if i hold it down for much longer can physically see the water running out of the headlining in the back by the rear window

It has progressively got worse over the last couple of years and has been on the to do list for ages but keeps getting pushed back for more important stuff

Do you have a sunroof in your car? The rear drain tube can come off the sunroof frame. Happened to my old Ibiza and my dad's Passat.

If you've got a sunroof then the drain tube as above can come off - Or alternatively it can actually become blocked too, causing water to find somewhere else to go.. Which could well be the inside of your car ;)

No sunroof guys, anybody know where I should start looking for the pipe for the rear washer. Is it in the head lining?
The fact that the seat belt is a bit wet I'll try trace from below the pillar.

Also - Have you ever had your windscreen replaced? If so take a look at the seal around the edge of the windscreen.
Have you got any of the dreaded roof corrosion that may have rotten through without you noticing? Take a look at your roof gutters.