Subwoofer Help

djx11b

Reaction score
Recently got a audi s3 2001 model and cd player was not working with it so got £100 knocked of price. Just had it repaired was power source part and now working fine.

Noticed that subwoofer is cutting in and out when i turn the volume up on the headunit and it seems to do it worse when cold. If i go on a longer drive it does it less once warm,

Can anyone help with what might be causing this ???

Looking at a andymac set up but can't afford right now.

thanks

Bose amps seem to be prone to dry solder joints on the PCB as they age, which is why it is bad on a cold morning and improves as everything warms up. If you remove the sub (not a small feat, instructions below) remove the front of the sub, the tiny Bose amp is screwed to the back of one of the 4" subs. Prise off the top and unscrew the PCB, and using a soldering iron and solder sucker reheat all the main joints and resolder them. This has worked numerous times for me and others, otherwise you need to replace the amp. I have a spare one kicking about which you are welcome to have for a tenner. PM me if interested.
When replacing the front of the sub be careful not to overtighten the middle Torx screw i.e. don't use a cordless screwdriver as the plastic it screws into is prone to snapping and then the whole enclosure leaks and farts like a *******,
http://freepdfhosting.com/37841f9301.pdf