s3 rear arches

stumpy83

one legged wonder
Reaction score
has anyone replace there normal rear arches for s3 wide ones?
i have a standard 18T with slim lline arches and really would like thew fatter look of the s3 just wondered if any one has done it yet?

There was one guy, I remember seeing the pics in the "pics of your a3/s3" sticky.. It's a black a3

Quite a lot of work involved unless you know a panel beater etc... not only the outer arch but the inner arch too... plus I think the profile at the sill is different due to the S3 having sill covers...

I have seen people fit S3 front wings before but tbh... if you want it to look like an 'S' car just buy one... it pains me to say it but they are cheaper to buy nowadays...

Personally a sorted A3 lowered and with the right wheels looks very nice... for the S3 arches to work you really need to go all out and for the front and rear bumpers and the sills... seems to be a lot of work tbh mate

<tuffty/>

as tuffy said, it's a lot of work and for it too look right you'd need to do the front

front is easy bit tho hey i only thought about doing it cause i dont think it will be easy to find a auto s3??

front is easy bit tho hey i only thought about doing it cause i dont think it will be easy to find a auto s3??

Ah yeah... forgot that you kinda need an auto box...

The rear quarter panels are different between S3/A3 so you would need someone willing to cut out what they need to and weld it in... etc..

Quite a lot of work although peeps have fitted RS4 arches to S4 saloons before... lots of work there too lol...

May even be easier/cheaper to get an auto box fitted to an S3 lol...

<tuffty/>

lol ok may be not then, theres me thinking i could of got away with replacing just the arches :S

is a pita mine were done before i bought the car