Rusty lower arches

TheRunningMan

Reaction score
Firstly apologies if this is common knowledge, I am a very infrequent user of the forum these days but I haven't seen this covered before.

For a while I've had rust appearing on the inside edges of both front arches. It was one of those things that I kept meaning to sort and finally got round to looking at it today. First job was to remove the three screws holding the plastic inner arch in place, and with these removed the arch could be peeled back slightly. I was amazed at how much crud had built up behind there. It's no wonder it had started to cause corrosion. Once that was cleared out and the rust given a rub down I applied some rust treatment. Unfortunately in my case the rust has taken hold on one side so it's only a matter of time before it comes back but hopefully this will hold it back for a while.
If you've not done so before I would thoroughly recommend taking the short amount of time needed to clean out behind the plastic arch and hopefully prevent you from developing the same problem.
If nothing else handling and acceleration should be improved from the weight saving alone!

Attachments

• DSC_0510.JPG
    DSC_0510.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
  • _20180601_183934_LI.jpg
    _20180601_183934_LI.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 195
  • DSC_0511.JPG
    DSC_0511.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 178