Fk Sport edition plus or AP coilovers

I'd go for KW personally.
cheap coilovers always ends in tears :(

I'd go for KW personally.
cheap coilovers always ends in tears :(

I wouldn't say £470 is exactly cheap. Granted, it's not £800 like kw for instance but I'm not planning on tracking the family bus so don't really need full on race suspension. AP come with the same warranty as kw and is made in the same factory ad far as I'm aware.

I Ran my AP's for 6 week's, could Not stand them..

Loved my AP's on my 4mo, but that was a while ago. Heard a lot of bad things about FK, so personally wouldn't buy them.

Reactions: tomb
We have FK's on our Show Polo with Zero problems even when decked.. I will stick with Eibach and Weitec combo.

We have FK's on our Show Polo with Zero problems even when decked.. I will stick with Eibach and Weitec combo.

The fks I mentioned in this thread are currently 'under review' so not available. I'll see how I get on with the aps.

hi all
ive done lots of homework on this and ended buying the B12 Kit
awaiting for it to be made up and shipped to my home ........

I'd be interested in pics when fitted and comfort levels i been toying with getting coilovers for 6 months but i need comfort.Thats why im trying to save for Wietecs or GULP KW which are sos so Xpensive........are KW really that good?????????????????

I have Weitec Coilover shocks and spring's at rear and Eibach Spring's and A4 B5 perches up front, well happy with the comfort level even with the 19's

I have Weitec Coilover shocks and spring's at rear and Eibach Spring's and A4 B5 perches up front, well happy with the comfort level even with the 19's

so what did you do, just buy two coilovers for the rear? which Eibach springs did you use? the ones that lower 45mm @ the front + the spring perches, so roughly 55mm????????

I've purchased the ap coilies. Getting them fitted on 01/02/12 at awesome.

Cheers pal, hopefully I'll get on with them a little better then you did!

CMD, what was your issue with the AP's as I'd pretty much made my mind up to go with them...

From memory, I don't think he could get it to sit right at the rear.

For me it was the constant noise of them on uneven ground (had them looked at twice at my cost) on the motorway they were fine, adjusting them was a bit of a pain (the rear's were worst) and they were a little to bouncy. The ride just felt odd and skitty feeling.. I still have coilovers on the rear which is a mix of weitec rear shock's coilover spring's on AP adjustable platforms. Eibach springs and B5 perches up front with new s-line (6 month old now) oem shocks

Thanks for the heads up, maybe I'll stump a little more and get some Weitecs in that case

Had Aps on my mk4 golf. They were terrible. Really bad ride especially at lower speeds

Had FK highsports on my ibiza cupra. They were excellent value for what I paid for them. Maybe a tad bouncy but not far from standard ride.

We have FKs on the Polo with stretched tyres and slammed, we drive it to all the major shows and it's not to bad.