Badger5 TIP Question?

Iamthewalrus

Reaction score
Hi people,

I've been a long time user of this site but only just registered :) First can i just say that this site has been invaluable in diagnosing and fixing many common faults which i have come across in my 4 years of ownership!

Secondly, i have just purchased and fitted a badger5 tip with jetex :) and i can only say that it feels like its almost had another remap!!
It pulls so much harder all the way up to and past the previous 5500rpm torque limit! Now it pulls all the way till about 6500rpm so i am one happy chappy :)

But i have one question.... as i have an early S3 (w reg) and i have an early dumb ECU(me7) Does my fueling need to be adjusted for the higher air flow or will the ecu adapt by itself??

Any Advice welcome

Thanks Rich

Oh and my state of mods for anyone interested are...

revo stage 2
3'' pipeworx downpipe and decat
Milltek non resonated catback
Badger5 tip and jetex
Forge Front mount intercooler
Bilstein B8'S
H&R Springs
Neuspeed ARB's
AP Racing cp6600 calipers
323mm LCR discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Genuine RSTT's
H&R spacers 10mm front 20mm rear
N249 delete
SAI delete
Facelift front and rear lights
Grey trim painted matt black

jojo.. thats a pretty good gain, i really need to find my vagcom lead and log airflows to check my gains! The best i've seen before the tip were about 206 gs which i believe equates to about 260bhp??

S3 RAV.. Thanks dude, i think i've pretty much hit a wall with mods without getting into silly money ( hybrid)!!
I'll try and take a few pics tomorrow depending on the weather lol.... although its got a battle scar from last winters extreme weather!!

Rich

if you have a wideband/dyno available it wont hurt to check.
early non wideband cars will relate to airflows for fueling so SHOULD be ok, PRESUMING it was ok before..

checking will confirm

Hi guys, Could someone give me a quick explanation on what this Badger5 TIP actually is & what it does?? Sorry to sound virginal (lol) but I have no clue when it comes to turbos & modifications. I have a standard 225bhp BAM engine still with paper air filter. What would be the gains with just fitting this Badger5 TIP with no re maps bhp wise & also mpg???

Thanks so much

Steve