Yet another Badger5 TIP question......

g60go

Reaction score
ok folks,so I was having a look around today and my pipe seems to be a bit squidgy in areas and signs of oil breathing out in places/splits/cable ties etc. I'm looking to get a new one ASAP. So my question is.... What's the difference between the V2.2 and the V3? Apart from the obvious price and one comes with an alu machined end! I'm just thinking I'll just save myself the £20/30 difference in price if there's virtually nothing between them. Someone enlighten me as I'm wanting to order one tonight/tomorrow morning! Thanks!

Right ok,thanks! I've no experience of either of them,just wanted to know if I was 'missing' something!

Well,turns out that my idea of saving a few quid was a waste of time anyway! The cheaper one in black is 'unavailable' now so looks like I'll have to take the more expensive one now!!!!!!

The more expensive one with the billet aluminium end does flow better if that's going to help you sleep at night. The V3 was introduced as a cheaper alternative that still works well, but v2.2 is the best available. (Hope I've got them the right way around there)

Put simply, the V2.2 is the premium product.

It's designed, from the ground up, to perform, with no compromise on cost.

The billet adapter provides an ideal transition from the silicon into the mouth of the turbo, with no step in the flow what so ever, due to the way the adapter sits OVER the turbo entry.

The V3 is designed as an answer to those cheaper copies available elsewhere. Performance wise it's still a great upgrade, just not the full on 100% of the 2.2, The cost reflects this. Still a great product, but aimed at a lower market level.

If you can afford it, the 2.2 is the product to have. Both are great though

Ok thanks for clearing that up,ordered the more expensive one anyway as it's the only one available one in black! And it had to be black........Cheers fellas!

bad news is the black is'nt in stock in either.. yes I know the site said it was, but it was'nt up to date. Sales directly not off website dont get netted off the stocks.
I am chasing deliveries (as usual!) again today

Bill,im assuming this news is after we spoke this morning? My order is a black one isn't it?

Hi Bill, When will you be getting more in stock? I'll be looking at purchasing a black V2.2 next month. I'm only down in hereford. Ash