Audi A3 8L Aftermarket Aerial

Brooksy

Reaction score
Website
www.rackmire.co.uk
Hi,

I've replaced my original Audi A3 Aerial a couple of years ago with an aftermarket stubby one I believe from Ebay. However I'm only able to pick up Radio 1 that has a signal strength of 1 out of 4 bars. Most other stations that are non-bbc seem to fade in and out of reception of 0-1bars.

Does anyone have any really good links to aerials that will fit a 2000 plate Audi A3 that offer similar looks of the stubby aerial but has a greater performance than 1 bars. Or from their experience really good reception. I don't want to go back to my fishing rod style original aerial.

Also, I'm not really prepared to fork out on re-positioning my aerial location/ installing a DAB reciever. But price on a straight-swap aerial does not matter.

Any help would be appreciated.

What you need mate is a perrin stubby aerial. Make sure its a real one and not a copy. Most of teh cheap ebay efforts dont actually have anything in them, there just a plastic stump with a thread on the bottom hence why the dont work very well. I found this out recently and went back to my original aerial.

How about I get some machined and anodized black? If we get a small group buy going, I'm sure I can get decent prices. Interested?

How about this?

6888134269_a178d9ba64_z.jpg
6888134159_80d6a50b11_z.jpg

I just realised: it will get nicked straight away! :(
Maybe it needs a set screw...

You can get one from the new polo, fits great!

If these machined ones and stubby s3 ones are nothing more than a block of aluminium they will also be crap ! an aerial is more than just a machined block of metal it should ahve a coil of wire inside it, the longer the coil the better the reception. Cutting the factory one would also have the same affect. The perrin ones are good because despite them being very short, they have the same if not more amonut of wire coiled up inside them.

Thanks for your input, I've had a look at the Perrin ones they look good I'm just contemplating on price as you 'll have to order from the US, including shipping fees and tax. Only accept payment over the phone including a paypal payment has to be made via phonecall...

I like the look of the ones posted by Tricki, but would not want S3 on the side so would need it blank, and also my aerial has an outward facing screw attachment rather than a thread on the inside if that makes sense.

I did a quick look over google and came across 'Demon Tweeks' website, They have a few on there..
Aerials | Body Styling & Exterior Accessories | Performance | Home | Demon Tweeks

What is people's experiences with the Simoni Racing ones? I see Richbrook have their idea of a short/stubby version Not sure what they will look like on a 3-door A3 though :S

trust me mate, all the demon tweeks ones etc are for looks only and they are not proper aerials. You can get the perrin ones off ebay now and then if you keep your eyes peeled :)

I have a cheap ebay one with a aerial amplifier that runs off the remote line which turns on my amp/sub. Reception as good if not better than stock.

Well Gops, seeing as you're feeling generous, courtesy of you, can you get me one as well :)

i have the standard aerial on

alpine head unit
not one radio station still
tried a booster ........................ nothing happened

i still need help lol

i have the standard aerial on

alpine head unit
not one radio station still
tried a booster ........................ nothing happened

i still need help lol
What amplifier? One of these:
CT27AA08.jpg

If so, did you connect the blue lead to the remote line on the head unit so it feeds it some power?