Warning lights...

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I just got a couple of quick questions re warning lights...

1 - My coolant warning light popped up on the DIS this morning but went off after about 5 mins. Is this normal? Never happened before.

2 - Is there a light for low engine oil? And if so, is it safe to drive until this light comes on?

I know the best thing is to always check the fluid levels but I'd still like to know the answer to these questions for peace of mind :)

Cheers

Get under the hood and check the Coolant level, make sure its above "Min" - and then check the dipstick to see if the oil is inside the min and max markers lol.
Mine has played up from time to time, jsut keep an eye on it really pal :)

There is a sensor for low oil, but i jsut randomly check it before a long journey or summit. (usually comes up on the DIS saying Oil"

I have drove back to Manchester from sheffield once with the oil light on, prob not reccomended but my stupidty for not having oil in the car lol, all seemed fine tbh.

I discovered a long press on the left button next to the DIS display runs through the warning lights. Not sure if this is a system check or not????

If you're getting coolant warning but level is fine, get a screwdriver, open the coolant cap, scratch both prongs inside the coolant reservoir all over for minute or 2, this makes the sensor detect properly again.