Door Warning Lights

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Has anyone succeeded in fitting the OEM LED's to the door warning light position?

For those who dont know the OEM LED polarity can be reversed and it will light red instead, however it will only run on 6V not 12V

I was under the impression that wiring the puddle light and warning light in parallel would get over the 6 volt running voltage of the red led for the warning light.

No such luck! It ran quite hot but i managed to disconnect it in time!

If its not ment to be used for that what is the red LED used for??? any ideas? :think:

What LED's you on about?

The ones that come as footwells on the new Audi's?

How do you reverse the polarity to get them to shine red?

Trups

Has anyone succeeded in fitting the OEM LED's to the door warning light position?

For those who dont know the OEM LED polarity can be reversed and it will light red instead, however it will only run on 6V not 12V

I was under the impression that wiring the puddle light and warning light in parallel would get over the 6 volt running voltage of the red led for the warning light.

No such luck! It ran quite hot but i managed to disconnect it in time!

If its not ment to be used for that what is the red LED used for??? any ideas? :think:
Why the heck have a red led when the lens/cover is red???,
That would be like using red bulbs for tail & brake lights

Why the heck have a red led when the lens/cover is red???,
That would be like using red bulbs for tail & brake lights

The OEM footwell led dont come in red. its a white case so i think he wants it to shine red to keep the Active red warning light when the door is opened.

i have the OEM led upgrade bulb and can supply with RED LED's rather than you messing about with the wiring of you want Jay? also if you have the puddles i can supply the same OEM type with more LED's on them in white.

Thanks
Trups

They do shine red. If you connect the positive feed to pin 2 of the OEM LED it lights up white, if you connect the positive feed to pin 1 of the LED it gloves red! But the red only runs at 6volts not 12!

i think they are installed in a6's but the CE module switches the supplies when you turn the headlights on! So white when you get in then a nice red glow when you have the headlights on!

trups can you supply red SMDs on the board for the OEM LED housings?

Ive not seen an A6 with them do this, will be on the look out tho.

Yes, if you have the Lamp, i can supply the bored with 4 smd's in red. i think i do have some in stock as the A5 owners ask for red footwells.

Thanks
Trups

The OEM footwell led dont come in red. its a white case so i think he wants it to shine red to keep the Active red warning light when the door is opened.

i have the OEM led upgrade bulb and can supply with RED LED's rather than you messing about with the wiring of you want Jay? also if you have the puddles i can supply the same OEM type with more LED's on them in white.

Thanks
Trups
aaaahhhh, I see what you mean now, this would be very cool indeed :D