Xspower arrived!!

sandwich1987

Reaction score
Just received my xspower manifold downpipe an sports cat today :) also purchased a new maf and gaskets studs and nuts etc do when I fit it. Will be fitting it with the head on hopefully so just seeing if anyone has a few hints or tips to aid the fitting lol, should have a front mount core soon as well setting me up nicely for a hybrid ko4 in the summer.

Should also say a big thanks to Sam Bryant for sorting me out with the above, cheers mate! :)

Last edited:
PM 'Westy' on here and look at his thread. He is always happy to help and has some useful info in his thread, but not a lot :lmfao:

how much how much how much!! i want a manifold only!! picking up my turbo tomorrow!

Relentless manifold works out around £195 shipped from Sam. Dont bother with XS power in the UK. Waste of time

Sounds good matey! If i was to get one then id like to do it with the head off.. then do my rods, and turbo hybridded... ok maybe i wont get one i just get carried away...

Just received my xspower manifold downpipe an sports cat today :) also purchased a new maf and gaskets studs and nuts etc do when I fit it. Will be fitting it with the head on hopefully so just seeing if anyone has a few hints or tips to aid the fitting lol, should have a front mount core soon as well setting me up nicely for a hybrid ko4 in the summer.

Should also say a big thanks to Sam Bryant for sorting me out with the above, cheers mate! :)

Good news. It's a great part and makes the car run much more free. The noise is great too.

Advice?....have a lot of patience and me mindful of the heat shield. It'll need modification to fit as there ain't much space in there.

You'll need some wobbly bits for (ratchet),and some spanners with a bend in them (small),i ended up moving engine forward for room,the front end was of anyway,not a 5 min job or very nice,id do it when you have all other mods ect,thats where i went wrong.

So much stuff has to come out to fit it, and if your fitting down pipe also, be prepared to have to mod it. I couldn't be bothered to do mine so I paid a local garage to do it, took them about 8 hours and charged me £280... Well worth it in my opinion

I've got to take mine off and do it all over again with a new one in the next week!

Not looking forward to it at all. properly horrid job!

started work today, was initially only going to sort my timing out, was a tooth out so removed all the bits washers bottle etc, then I thought I might aswell remove all the necessary stuff to get my new manifold on, had everything from above removed then went to remove my driverside wheel only to find I've lost my locking splined key absolutely gutted!!! Will need to try and source something 2mrw..... :( :(

It's the original splined ones.
Id go main dealer they will have a master set,then just buy the one that fits,they might sale them as a kit though.just check everwhere,under spare,ash tray glove box ect,sometimes get put back in other places

Finally got mine the other day to,the garage has now got the manifold with XS down pipe, fingers crossed get my car back next week

As if it couldn't get any worse I leave my dad to sort it, by which I mean get the key as he offered! Come back to find te locking bolt mushroomed in the hole!! Any ideas on how to remove this, engines in bits so my cars not really mobile??

Id ring round mobile mechanics,or rac,normaly rac ar emergancy only i.e flat tyre!,where abouts are you?,id get it of if its not to far!

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm up in Scotland lol just a wee bit to far :) managed to get the wheel rocking on the hub so making progress i guess....

So much stuff has to come out to fit it, and if your fitting down pipe also, be prepared to have to mod it. I couldn't be bothered to do mine so I paid a local garage to do it, took them about 8 hours and charged me £280... Well worth it in my opinion

This much for me mate.... Well worth it as I wouldn't of had the time to do it myself!

how much are garages charging people for fitting of the downpipe?

im considering giving this job to someone with more time and resources than myself

It's an **** to do and prop off. Infinity exhausts Bristol charged be £400 for the job and they did the custom 3" pipe for me.

Collected my alloy key from Lomond Audi on Saturday so I thought I'd update a Wer bit. Apparently I've got te last key for my particular locking bolt....they're no longer made so the parts man says.....anyway after getting both frot wheels off I dropped the subframe completely off, separated my drivers side driveshaft from the box, removed the down pipe bolts an the sensor, removed the sensor after the cat and loosened the exhaust joiner. I then hacksawed the exhaust just before it joins back Into one, this allowed me to remove the downpipe by twisting it down and out through the gap left by the driveshaft. I've also removed about 7/8 nuts from the manifold. I've done all this Lying flat on my back so I'm now dying lol. Hopefully will have the manifold off 2mrw night ready to begin fitting the new stuff.