Decisions Decisions Decisions Full leather or Half leather Alacantra which to have?

JA50N

Reaction score
I Have a big dilema when I decided I wanted an S3 I had decideded I wanted the black/silver alacantra but could not find a car with it all (not in the condition etc I wanted) so I got a great car but with the full silver leather I have just bought the Black/silver alacantra interior and wondering which you guys would go for it is a facelift silver car!

Oh and both of the seats are heated and in great codition and of cause I have all the door cards to swap so everything matches just having thoughts now about doing it as the leather does make the car lighter inside.

I am thinking the alacantra will be more comfortable as you won't slide so much, as comfortable as the seats are they don't hold you like the sports seats I have in the Porsche (sorry!) and when i first looked at an S3 i saw these seats but the full leather does look stunning.

What would you do? (yes one set maybe for sale but want to be sure I make the right choice first)

Half leather all the way IMO. Its rarer, and you won't burn your *** in the summer :)

Personally i dont like full leather.

My car has half leather with cloth centres, and i much prefer this over full leather seats.

I also dont like "lightness" inside the car. Cream/Beige/Silver/Grey interiors IMO just look crap.

As such i'd say go for the alacantara option, although i'm not sure how black leather with silver centres would go?

Got a pic?

IMG_3327.jpg

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tomsy
Yes this is echoing my feelings I am trying to arrange collection now, was told they wont fit in the S3 (all seats and door cards seats have been removed prior to folding down so are in upright position) and no doubt if i take the passenger seat out the airbag light will come on, I have a friend who has a snap on scanner will that turn it off or is it advisable to collect in something else i can hire a mondeo estate for £35 which it should go in but was originally hoping to go down in the Audi (more fun driving) and will be more careful with the seats, this is the time I miss my animal (pick up)

Tufty looks perfect this is how I imagined my S3 but ended up going with full leather as the car was right in every way and new I could replace the seats just when it looks so nice i did not want to spoil it which is why i asked the question but they do look stunning do they hold you better than leather?

Tufty looks perfect this is how I imagined my S3 but ended up going with full leather as the car was right in every way and new I could replace the seats just when it looks so nice i did not want to spoil it which is why i asked the question but they do look stunning do they hold you better than leather?

Yes, they hold you in lovely... pics don't do it justice tbh... when I was looking for my S3 I had seen the silver interior on autotrader but didn't like the look of it... test drove a few full leather S3's and wasn't convinced on the slidyness of the leather... saw the car I now have and was surprised how nice the silver alcantara looked in the flesh...

grips you nicely and is warm in winter, cool in summer... loves it! ;P

<tuffty/>

Yep this is my problem with the leatherIi find I slide about as the seats are pretty wide, they are both heated so both will be fine in winter but you have a point in the summer as leather does get hot!

yeh that looks pretty cool.

Take the passenger and rear seats out and collect it in the S3!

Bolt the new passenger and rear seats in, the drivers seat will fit in the rear, and the door cards will fit in the boot!

Aragorn
Yes this is my thinking just a little concerned re the airbag light if this is going to be an issue I will have to hire something to collect them in but if not I would much rather collect in the S3

Half leathers all the way dude, i have the blue alcantara and leather in mine and I love it, its a bit harder to look after, but holding you in they are so much better and alot more comfortable. ( I think so anyway :))

Guess thats my next purchase a vagcom lead will check out ebay later.
Thanks for that puts my mind at rest as did not want to risk it if I was going to cause problems :beerchug:

Lmao at everyone sayn that the half leathers grip you better, you lads need to put abit of weight on ;) id have the half leathers also, they look that bit more special, iv got the piano black s3 recaros in my A3, so beggers cant be choosers lol!

Im just a lightweight!!

Turn the heated seats on and im glued in then.

haha, I actually rejected about 3 s3's just because they had alcantara interior. Soul Black all the way.

Dave

Sorry but its another +1 on the Silver/Black Alcantara, look superb when in good condition. That out the way, Jason if you decide to go with the full leather let me know fella as my drivers bolster has a slight tear ;)

If I had the choice I'd have silver/black alcantara

I like my black leather more than the silver leather though!

DSC_0204.jpg

yeh, there's far too much of half leather stuff going on here.
+1 for the full leather brigade.
Yes - you do slide, yes it's cold in winter and burn in summer, but hey it looks class.

Well, I'm going to throw a spanner in the works...I've owned both, an S3 with full black leather and now I have a noggy with blue suede. The blue and yellow suede look immensely EPIC, but do require a lot of care to look after. The Leather looked more classy though but was effing cold in winter and damn hot in summer. I'm not a big fan of the silver alcabtara because it often looks dirty (no disrespect intended) but I looove silver leather.

I spent ages looking for a misano red S3 with silver leather, but that combo was like rocking horse sh*t.

All votes considered, sign me up for full leather!

+1 to wipe clean brigade. Enjoy the stains on your fancy suede :)

+1 to wipe clean brigade. Enjoy the stains on your fancy suede :)

Meh... I have had my car 4 years and the seats are cleaner now than when I bought it... granted it can be a chore but its worth it imo... you still need to clean/feed the leather on either...

I admit I am quite anal about keeping my interior clean though and do use seat covers when on the dyno and typically when going to the workshop too...

(but I do agree to a point... it can be a ****** to keep clean ;P)

<tuffty/>

I like both and have full leather in mine.

...Why the hell didn't Audi produce a dark grey suede / black leather combo that would have looked mint!

Leather for me al day long, seats as well. Double sided sticky tape on the **** and we're sorted😊

Well on having both silver full leather in my old S3 and silver/grey with black leather half Alcantara in my present silver S3 I have to say the half leathers all the way, I always wanted the rarer Alcantara seats they look so much better and add a bit of exclusivity to the S3.

Chris.

IF the alcantara's clean (and I mean properly OCD clean), then I agree the silver alcantara & black leather is classy, especially on a silver car a la Tutfy example. Not so sold on the blue (sorry Nilz mate!) but like the yellow with the Imola yellow paint.

But as soon as it gets dirty/matted, then I think the alcantara it looks crap. So I'm very happy with my full black leather. However, I would like to re-furb it at some stage with light grey leather in the areas where the silver alcantara goes. I think that would be fantastic (and £££).

My S3 have black leather and silver alcantara. The condition of the silver alcantara have a lot deteriorated, specially on the front seats. It does require more attention than leather. I am considering re-doing the interior with full black leather, or half leather and have black fabric....cant decide easily

You'll slide around on full leather. Alcantara will keep you put!

Now concerned that I have a fat ****! Got full leather and never slid around!!!

Iv got silver/black alcantara. It looks alright but have gone off of them because you have to keep them looking so good to look nice, as soon as you don't clean them for a while they get grubby. Think I'd prefer full black leather now, but it's too much hassle changing.

You could remove your front seat before you collect, it's only a couple bolts and just switch off your airbags in the dash, disconnect battery before unplugging. Comes out easy, and you'll notice your car is a lot more nimble with it removed as it weighs a tonne!

My S3 have black leather and silver alcantara. The condition of the silver alcantara have a lot deteriorated, specially on the front seats. It does require more attention than leather. I am considering re-doing the interior with full black leather, or half leather and have black fabric....cant decide easily

Fancy a swap ;)