decisions decisions!!

Pauls A3 1.8t

Reaction score
I just registered to the site about 10mins ago so im fairly new!
was wondering because u lot sound like u no what ur on about
where could i get a ko3s turbo from? ive tryed ebay and a couple of tuning companys and they said they dont stock them because there an aftermarket product
also would it be wise gettin a new more powerful turbo because wouldnt i sarifice a lot of grip and traction?
and if i got a s3 intercooler and got mine chipped wouldnt tht be quite quick and i wouldnt lose traction on the road?
Thanks, Paul

Ive been looking but cant find one either only other thing you could do is ring Vagparts and buy 1 new?

i have a feeling a new one would cost you a fortune, turbos are expensive things.

Keep searching ebay, almost everyone i know who has done the conversion found the turbo on ebay, tehy do pop up quite often.

or, check out the classifieds on uk mkivs, seatsupra.net and ed38, they pop up fairly often on there.

I googled for mine and got a fully recon'd one for 210 delivered.

It was for sale on another forum.

might try your luck

Try breakers aswell, do a search you should be able to find out which model vag cars had the ko3s fitted to them.

>2001 A3's and mk4 golf gti's and 150/180 TT's, leon cupra, ibiza cupra R, ocvatia VRS.

There are quite a few cars that have them as standard. they vary slightly, some are silenced, some are not, and there is the ko3 052 or the ko3 053, difference being one is from a 150bhp car and one if from a 180.

all do the same job though