Audi A4 B6 - Which Spacers To Use?

amz

Reaction score
Hello people,

I have an Audi A4 B6 with RS6 alloy wheels and wanted to use hub centric spacers to give it a wide look. Can someone guide me which size spacers to use for the front and back please?

This is what it looks like atm:

20120329_163851.jpg

its a personal choice and really depents on the offset of the wheels you have.

I have 10mmm spacer on the rears bringing the ET down to 32 which is fine for me, but it depends on what you want, the lower the ET the further out your wheel will be

its a personal choice and really depents on the offset of the wheels you have.

I have 10mmm spacer on the rears bringing the ET down to 32 which is fine for me, but it depends on what you want, the lower the ET the further out your wheel will be

Tbh I have absolutely no idea what the ET is on my wheels. Is there any other way of finding out the ET other than taking the wheels off? I want my car to look 'Wide' but without looking funny ofcourse.

I'm new to this hence I'm asking for suggestions.

If they're genuine RS style wheels they're ET43. I put 8mm spacers on mine dropping them to ET35, for me at least that's enough. You could probably go a few mm wider on the back, I'd think a 10mm would be ideal.

Yes mine are the genuine rs6 style alloys. I was thinking of putting 15mm spacers at the back but that might stick outside the arch? Lol

The problem is that these wheels have different ET's depending on if they are off an A3 or an A4. You really are best to whip a wheel off and have a look. That way you will know for sure before you go spending coin on the wrong spacers.

Aim for 32-35 final ET on the back, 35-38 on the front, and you should be good. Depending on what look you want obviously.

Thank you for your reply 'xs2man', you've always been helpful to me :)

I really want to get a wide look on my car, so may be you can advise me on how to achieve that?

Also, how can I work out which spacers to go for to decrease the ET? For example, if my current alloys are ET42 and I want it decreased to ET32, would I opt for a 10mm spacers?

Exactly. Subtract the spacer width from the wheel ET and you will end up with your new ET.

To get that wide look your looking for, there is a few things you can do. Reducing the ET is one of them. This will stick your wheels out further, preferably flush, or almost flush, with the arch. Couple this with wide wheels, preferably dished, and run a slight stretch (e.g. 225/40/18 tyres on a 8 - 8.5" wide wheel), will all help to give the impression of width.

Of course, there is a lot to be said for running the correct tyre size for the wheel also. I would guess your wheels are 7.5" wide, so the above mentioned size is perfect. Obviously you dont need a dished wheel, but I think it always helps the illusion. Look at these:

cool_white_audi_s5_on_big_deep_dish_wheels_3-800-600.jpg

They certainly help create the illusion of width, coupled with how low the car sits.

On the other hand, that all costs money, and looks best when your car is very low. But then you will loose some drivability / comfort in doing so. So its up to you how far you want to take it. I like the look of your motor already, and would probably only consider a pair of spacer on the rear. Maybe 8-10mm. I think I would get 8mm first. Because if you then think you need more, then you can put the 8's on the front, and get 10's for the rear. Or something similar.

Up to you though, and what I have said is only my opinion. There are other opinions out there, so try doing a little research and see what conclusions you come up with.

I ran these Rep LMs in 2010 et44 with 15mm spacers

IMG_2177-1-1.jpg

IMG_0171-4.jpg

i think you will be disapointed with 8-10mm spacers.. 15mm spacers just done it for me with the same wheels ( look at my project thread) and i put 10mm on the front to give that staggerd look.. i was even going to push to 20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front as the B6 arches are rather phat any way :)

Exactly. Subtract the spacer width from the wheel ET and you will end up with your new ET.

To get that wide look your looking for, there is a few things you can do. Reducing the ET is one of them. This will stick your wheels out further, preferably flush, or almost flush, with the arch. Couple this with wide wheels, preferably dished, and run a slight stretch (e.g. 225/40/18 tyres on a 8 - 8.5" wide wheel), will all help to give the impression of width.

Of course, there is a lot to be said for running the correct tyre size for the wheel also. I would guess your wheels are 7.5" wide, so the above mentioned size is perfect. Obviously you dont need a dished wheel, but I think it always helps the illusion. Look at these:

cool_white_audi_s5_on_big_deep_dish_wheels_3-800-600.jpg

They certainly help create the illusion of width, coupled with how low the car sits.

On the other hand, that all costs money, and looks best when your car is very low. But then you will loose some drivability / comfort in doing so. So its up to you how far you want to take it. I like the look of your motor already, and would probably only consider a pair of spacer on the rear. Maybe 8-10mm. I think I would get 8mm first. Because if you then think you need more, then you can put the 8's on the front, and get 10's for the rear. Or something similar.

Up to you though, and what I have said is only my opinion. There are other opinions out there, so try doing a little research and see what conclusions you come up with.

I finally understand how the ET and spacers calculations works! :yes:

My question now is, should I not go for 235/40/18 as 235 is the width of the tyre?

I ran these Rep LMs in 2010 et44 with 15mm spacers

IMG_2177-1-1.jpg

IMG_0171-4.jpg

This is more like it!!!! The width on the rears are bang on what I want :D

Them wheels are lovely :)

The LMs ended up looking like this

IMG_0239-1.jpg

Sprayed Akoya Silver

IMG_0658-2.jpg

Fitted Whithout spacers

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

The LMs are a nice wheel but are NOT a good winter wheel I used to take mine off at winter and run a winter wheel.

I finally understand how the ET and spacers calculations works! :yes:

My question now is, should I not go for 235/40/18 as 235 is the width of the tyre?

That would depend on the width of the alloy ... 8j ... 8.5j 9j ectect just the alloy width in inches.. and depends if you want slight stretch... 235 i think might be a bit over kill on a 8j wheel i run 225 on a 10j but i have superdooper stretch... and i run the same on a 9j wheel and its not bad at all :)

If you're thinking of changing your wheels, you could aim to get some that are already at your preferred offset, then no spacers are required.

Hello people,

I have an Audi A4 B6 with RS6 alloy wheels and wanted to use hub centric spacers to give it a wide look. Can someone guide me which size spacers to use for the front and back please?

This is what it looks like atm:

That would depend on the width of the alloy ... 8j ... 8.5j 9j ectect just the alloy width in inches.. and depends if you want slight stretch... 235 i think might be a bit over kill on a 8j wheel i run 225 on a 10j but i have superdooper stretch... and i run the same on a 9j wheel and its not bad at all :)

I'm not sure what J my current alloys are but as it is would I be ok to put on 225 and not 235? My current tyres are 235. don't know if this is recommended?

I'm sure 225's on 7.5j wheels have been used many times as far as I know. Just make sure you compensate by the wall depth as your rolling radius will change with width also.

235 i think might be a bit over kill on a 8j wheel

235 tyres are a standard fit on B6's with 18 x 8J wheels. People fit 225 tyres to save money, but it's not the specified fitment.

i think you will be disapointed with 8-10mm spacers..

It all depends on what you want though in fairness, your car perhaps isn't for everyone. I fitted 8mm to my ET43 and they're spot on for the look I want.

Tbh I have absolutely no idea what the ET is on my wheels.

As mentioned, you need to find this out soonest before you decide anything. They look like ET4s 8J to me as the typical Br RS6's are, but if they're not then all this advice is meaningless.

As mentioned, you need to find this out soonest before you decide anything. They look like ET4s 8J to me as the typical Br RS6's are, but if they're not then all this advice is meaningless.

I will have to take 1 wheel off as soon as the weather is dry.