Xeon Bulbs

guzzy_431

Reaction score
Hay has anyone up graded there xeons bulbs to the nice icy blue ones?

Yes higher rated xenon bulb,standard they are 5500k i think,ive upgraded mine to 7000k,much brighter more white,then it goes up to 1000k more blue,id recomend 7000k,ebay is a good place for this.

I believe OEM are 4300k.

You can 'upgrade' the K rating, but please be aware that the higher the K rating the less light output there is.

I've gone upto 6000 kelvin which IMO are a bit more modern looking and dont seem to affect the light output to much, if anything they reflect better on cat's eyes and signage. ive a new pair of 6000k unbranded BNIB if you were interested PM me if you like.

The TT thread posted above is a good thread! It explains everything you need to know about your main lights. Personally I'd stick to 4300k. If your xenons are quite old now you'll see that it'll start to lose its brightness especially if they are 10 years old. I'm going for OEM ones.

I have stayed OEM and just got a fresh new set of 4300k bulbs and am happy with them for my needs.

Nice one!, I think I'll go with the 1000k I like the blue rays.:icon_thumright:

Do excuse me... how do I go on the TT thread & what is OEM stand for?

thanks, so you get less light out put when you upgrade?
I thought you'd gain more on show?

The higher the K rating, the bluer the light goes and less light output as well....Ideally you want to go for 6k to get a good balance of blueness and light output...

Please note that having 10k is not really advisable and I believe illegal to use on the public highway, just a word of caution.

To get onto the TT thread click on the below link:

The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - Anyone replaced their Xenon bulbs?

OEM means Original Equipment Manufacturer (basically standard issue)

Top man! :icon_thumright: thanks for the info. I'll will go with the 6k, much appreciated.