Wipers wipers wipers

zippyijk

Reaction score
I eventually got my finger out and ordered a new rear wiper motor and blades for front & back while I was at it.
The part that arrived was 8E9 955 711E as opposed to the ver. C that had clogged up with much from the leak inside it.
Its the bottom one in the pic below

IMAG0282.jpg

I ended up using a ball joint seperator from halfords to detatch the rear wiper arm. Was jammed on there and no amount of pulling/rocking could get it off. The splines were all encrusted in white stuff.

IMAG0279.jpg

Anyway thats all done and dusted and works a treat now.
BUT....theres always a but ;) the front wipers I requested are not the correct ones.
I used ETKA to get the right part number 8P2 998 002 but the ones they've sent me are a different type?
See my current ones on the top and the ones they sent on the bottom.

IMAG0283.jpg

This is the connector on my current ones close up

IMAG0284.jpg

Does anyone know if I have the correct number for these or did I give them the wrong number?
I have looked through ETKA even going back to 2004 and the 8P seems to say these are correct for a sportback so I'm thinking they were wrong??
Any help would be appreciated!!

I think they will still fit ! Audi will have modified the fixing a bit but I think, if you look carefully and fiddle around, that the arm will slot through the hole in the new ones and then swivel and clip into position.

I just got some new Bosch aero blades and they were different but still fitted after a close look and a bit of thought.

Make sure they give a positive 'click' when fitting.

Last resort is pop to a VAG dealer and ask them to fit. If they can't do it then they must be the wrong ones !

Or refit the old ones and coat the windscreen in RainX after a good clean...........amazing stuff. Bugs and stuff just get flicked off with a quick swipe from the wipers and rain.........well you'll never see it as it flies off the windscreen.

Reactions: Sidhu88
Or refit the old ones and coat the windscreen in RainX after a good clean...........amazing stuff. Bugs and stuff just get flicked off with a quick swipe from the wipers and rain.........well you'll never see it as it flies off the windscreen.

I can't live without rain-x anymore. I also can't comprehend how people can deal with driving with cars where the water just sits on the screen. I love not having to use my wipers

I can't live without rain-x anymore. I also can't comprehend how people can deal with driving with cars where the water just sits on the screen. I love not having to use my wipers

I think its amazing stuff. I use aerospace stuff that was used on jet fighters.........if it works on them at 500mph then no probs on an S3.

Do you use the stuff that you add to your windscreen washer water or the spay on?

The one I use I wipe on with a cloth after cleaning the windscreen properly and leave it for a few minutes and then buff off. It leaves a barrier on the surface of the windscreen that repels water and dead bugs just wipe off with a quick scoosh of the wipers.....The best thing is when it rain really heavy resisting the temptation to flick the wipers on coz you dont need them. The water just flies off the windscreen. Watching it can be quite mezmerising

I think its amazing stuff. I use aerospace stuff that was used on jet fighters.........if it works on them at 500mph then no probs on an S3.

You are joking aren't you ?? The faster you go the less chance water has of sticking !! That's why fighter aircraft don't have wipers !lol

RainX at 20 mph hardly works !

Eh no Im not and I think you'll find that some aircraft do. Most new platforms don't as they have rain dispersal systems.....bleed air across the windscreen and yes I know what Im talking about before the question is posted......22yrs in the RAF.

Brodster:1604851 said:
Eh no Im not and I think you'll find that some aircraft do. Most new platforms don't as they have rain dispersal systems.....bleed air across the windscreen and yes I know what Im talking about before the question is posted......22yrs in the RAF.

Oh, so not like the military then? :D

No need to get touchy mate - I'm sure you will agree with the principle of what I said.

BTW - I worked for 25 years at Warton in Lancs. if that means anything to you! :icon_thumright:

i use a windscreen water repellent too i love it even at 30 mph no wipers are required its awesome looks amazing when washing the car too :)

Not getting touchy at all buddy. I have used rain repellant on my cars for this length of time and certainly would recommend it to anyone. Just stating what I use to do and wouldnt give out duff gen. And yes Warton.....I know it well.

I'm in the same predicament as you mate.

I bought some Bosch Aero Wipers from eBay and the bottom ones on your picture arrived. Couldn't get them to fit so would be good to see if anybody has got these fitted!

I'm in the same predicament as you mate.

I bought some Bosch Aero Wipers from eBay and the bottom ones on your picture arrived. Couldn't get them to fit so would be good to see if anybody has got these fitted!

Looks like those are for an 8L chassis cabriolet.

Assuming you have an 8P between 2004 and 2011 you need these :- BOSCH AERO FLAT Wiper Blades AUDI A3 MK2 | eBay

Zippy - I was wrong previously, it looks like they are the wrong ones. The actual part number I have in ETKA has a suffix 'A' after the number you ordered but don't know if that's the difference.

Looks like those are for an 8L chassis cabriolet.

Assuming you have an 8P between 2004 and 2011 you need these :- BOSCH AERO FLAT Wiper Blades AUDI A3 MK2 | eBay

Zippy - I was wrong previously, it looks like they are the wrong ones. The actual part number I have in ETKA has a suffix 'A' after the number you ordered but don't know if that's the difference.

See in the link you posted mike, down the bottom they have a picture of 4 different types of connector one of which is mine.
Unfortunately doesn't say which one is which :(

My ETKA 7.3 (update 916) shows the same, rev A, like you said. This is what I ordered but not what fits unfortunately.
Guess I'm just going to have to go to the dealers and get a part number from them.
Its unusual as that number is coming from putting my VIN in so maybe the dealer will have the same problem. I'm sure they'll have all types of spares there though.